About the course
This programme has been developed to meet the growing need for postgraduate skills within the engineering industry, and the demand for professional development for graduate engineers. The programme integrates the mechanical engineering subjects with key generic skills in management and research methods. This approach will help to develop your critical thinking skills as a future engineering manager, or technical specialist enabling you to effectively analyse technical and management issues. The University of Hertfordshire
has a worldwide reputation for excellence in applied mechanical engineering. This international reputation will give you the opportunity to study with graduates from universities worldwide. You will benefit from the expertise of guest speakers from industry where relevant and appropriate.
The programme will:
- provide education and experience to support your professional employment and career development within the industry
- focus on the links between engineering analysis and design and supporting management skills management
- provide a blend of knowledge and application experience through case studies and project work
- equip you with the theory and practice of relevant subjects, technologies and analytical tools to provide solutions for mechanical and related manufacturing problems
See the website http://www.herts.ac.uk/courses/mechanical-engineering
Why choose this course?
- The School has over 50 years' experience of teaching mechanical engineering and has established an excellent international reputation in this field;
- We offer extensive lab facilities for engineering students as well as the latest software packages and windtunnels;
- This MSc combines mechanical engineering subjects with key management and research methods.
This programme will help you to develop your critical thinking skills as a future engineering manager or technical specialist as it will enable you to effectively analyse technical and management issues. This blend of technical and managerial content is invaluable in job applications as well as helping to fast-track your career in the industry.
The School of Engineering and Technology has a reputation for innovation in teaching and learning, where nearly all MSc modules are delivered through a combination of traditional face-to-face teaching and backup tutorial's using the University's StudyNet web based facility. StudyNet allows students to access electronic teaching and learning resources, and conduct electronic discussion's with staff and other students. A heavy emphasis is placed on theory and practice, and AADE has a policy of using industrial standard software wherever possible. AADE also operate an open access laboratory, and computer policy, that will help students complete coursework and assignments, at a scheduled pace and on time.
Accredited for Chartered Engineer (CEng) status by the Institution of Engineering and Technology (IET) and by the Royal Aeronautical Society (RAeS).
Find out how to apply here http://www.herts.ac.uk/courses/mechanical-engineering#how-to-apply
Find information on Scholarships here http://www.herts.ac.uk/apply/fees-and-funding/scholarships/postgraduate
An honours degree (at least 2:2 or above) in aerospace or aerospace systems engineering. Other disciplines may be considered. International qualifications will be considered on the basis of their equivalence to UK qualifications, typically guided by a resource such as the National Academic Recognition Information centre (NARIC). Candidates will be required to demonstrate a suitable level of proficiency in written and spoken English. An IELTS score of 6.0 (or equivalent) would typically be required from candidates whose first language is not English. Candidates who do not satisfy these requirements will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
UK/EU Students: Full time £7,700, Part time £645 per module; International Students: Full time £12,500