About the course
This is an integrated degree programme that brings together the key generic skills of management and research methods with specific modules focusing on aerodynamics and flight mechanics. This approach will help you to develop your critical thinking skills as a future engineering manager, or technical specialist enabling you effectively to analyse technical and or management issues. The programme aims to:
- equip you with the theory and the practice of relevant subjects, technologies and analytical tools to provide solutions for aerospace and related manufacturing problems
- provide a blend of knowledge and application experience through case studies and project work
- focus on the links between analysis and design and the supporting skills of management
- provide education and experience which enhances prospects of professional employment within the industry
You study three core 30-credit modules and chose two 15-credit option modules, plus a major project. The project accounts for one third of your degree.
Students may also be eligible for the MSc bursary scheme in aerospace engineering. Nominated company employee applicants must be working in the UK in the aerospace sector on the first day of the MSc programme.
See the website http://www.herts.ac.uk/courses/aerospace-engineering
Why choose this course?
- The School has over 50 years' experience of teaching aerospace, and has established an excellent international reputation in this field;
- We offer extensive lab facilities for aerospace engineering students, including a flight simulator, the latest software packages and windtunnels;
- This MSc combines analysis and design with management skills to produce highly-employable postgraduates.
International qualifications will be considered on the basis of their equivalence to UK qualifications, typically guided by a resource such as the National Academic Recognition Information centre (NARIC). Candidates will be required to demonstrate a suitable level of proficiency in written and spoken English. An IELTS score of 6.0 (or equivalent) would typically be required from candidates whose first language is not English. Candidates who do not satisfy these requirements will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
If you need to apply for a visa to enter the UK on acceptance to this course you will need to apply for an ATAS certificate before you are eligible to apply for UK entry clearance. Details of this requirement will be included in your offer.
This programme will help you to develop your critical thinking skills as a future engineering manager or technical specialist as it will enable you to effectively analyse technical and management issues. This blend of technical and managerial content is invaluable in job applications as well as helping to fast-track your career in the industry.
The School has a reputation for innovation in teaching and learning, where nearly all MSc modules are delivered through a combination of traditional face-to-face teaching and backup tutorial's using the University's StudyNet web based facility. StudyNet allows students to access electronic teaching and learning resources, and conduct electronic discussion's with staff and other students. A heavy emphasis is placed on theory and practice, and the School has a policy of using industrial standard software wherever possible. The School also operate an open access laboratory, and computer policy, that will help students complete coursework and assignments, at a scheduled pace and on time.
Accredited for Chartered Engineer (CEng) status by the Institution of Engineering and Technology (IET) and by the Royal Aeronautical Society (RAeS).
Find out how to apply here http://www.herts.ac.uk/courses/aerospace-engineering#how-to-apply
Find information on Scholarships here http://www.herts.ac.uk/apply/fees-and-funding/scholarships/postgraduate
An honours degree (at least 2:2 or above) in aerospace or aerospace systems engineering. Other disciplines may be considered.
UK/EU Students: Full time £7,250, Part time £605 per module; International Students: Full time £12,500