About the course
- Explore the most advanced studio techniques, technologies and processes at the forefront of current music production.
- Unleash your creative potential and cultivate your own individual style to produce original arrangements, mixes, re-mixes and mastering work.
- Deliver comprehensive solutions and support for live sound in a variety of performance settings.
- On this postgraduate degree you will create your own A/V interfaces, plug-ins, and programming codes.
See the website http://www.herts.ac.uk/courses/music-and-sound-technology-audio-engineering
Why choose this course?
Music and Sound Technology in Audio Engineering is designed to provide industry-relevant post-graduate education aimed at forming creative professional for the audio, production, and post-production industry, who wish to pursue careers as creative Audio Engineers within recording, production or live sound settings. Students take hands-on sessions in the University's state-of-the-art facilities, including a top-class SSL studio, guided by dedicated tutors with significant industry experience. The postgraduate curriculum covers all the most relevant and current skills of the field, and sessions and assessment are designed to reproduce, as far as possible and appropriate, the realities of the commercial environment.
We are one of the largest music department in the UK, offering a rich portfolio of forward-looking music programmes uniquely designed to develop the most relevant skills in the current industry. The environment is friendly and supportive, and students benefit from being part of a large community of creatives in all fields: from film, to new media, performance, and fine arts.
Our top-class facilities include:
- 2 labs, each with 36 workstations dual monitor Apple Intel
- Large recording studio with latest SSL AWS 900+ SE
- Studio with Yamaha 02R/96
- 3 monitoring spaces for surround sound
- Dubbing suite for audio-to-video work
- Foley studio for sound design work
- Sony Game studio
- Multimedia studios
- Anechoic chamber
- TV studio
- 460-seat state-of-the-art performance venue with A/V recording facilities
When you graduate from these awards you will be ideally positioned to act as an interface between various music technologies and composers/producers. You may also consider a range of related positions such as lecturer, technical editor for music technology publications and other similar professions in the music industry or consider further study at doctoral level.
Lecture, seminars and tutorials are typically scheduled over two consecutive days a week, plus some extra sessions for particular workshops, performance and recording. In addition to scheduled sessions, students are expected to engage in continuous self-directed study and studio practice.
Skillset Media Academy
Find out how to apply here http://www.herts.ac.uk/courses/music-and-sound-technology-audio-engineering#how-to-apply
Find information on Scholarships here http://www.herts.ac.uk/apply/fees-and-funding/scholarships/postgraduate
A Bachelor degree in Music Technology or related subjects. All applicants will be expected to have a solid prior knowledge of standard music studio devices, including practical experience across a range of typical audio software. Applicants lacking formal qualifications may be considered if they can demonstrate significant relevant industry experience.
UK/EU Students: Full time £7,700, Part time £645 per module; International Students: Full time £12,500