This programme delivers a highly regarded professional education in real estate and regeneration. It has been developed in close consultation with the relevant professional, policy and business communities and is intended to provide an intensive fast-track entry to a professional career.
• MSc: 12 months full-time; 24 months part-time, up to 60 months on modular basis
• Contact: [email protected]
• If you want to establish a career as a chartered surveyor, primarily as a member of the Planning and Development Professional Group of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors, this programme is designed for you.
• The programme is professionally accredited by the RICS.
• There is significant input from industry to our teaching programme, including teaching on some courses, guest lectures and seminars. There are also informal opportunities to meet people from industry at open events and recruitment presentations. We will also support you to arrange professional work placements.
You will take a series of core courses and undertake a dissertation or a major project in real estate and regeneration.
The real estate profession is multi-disciplinary in nature so you will begin with a grounding in a broad base of theories and principles that will provide you with an understanding of how cities, markets, institutions and development processes function. In semester 2 you will build on this knowledge base by developing core real estate competencies and a solid grounding in regeneration processes. Courses will involve you attending lectures, seminars and tutorials and taking part in project, IT lab, field and team work.
• Advanced real estate valuation and appraisal
• Development economics
• Development process
• Global cities
• Governance and markets
• Professional practice, ethics & management
• Real estate markets
• Real estate finance & investment
• Real estate valuation and appraisal
• Regenerating cities.
Background and Aims
The MSc in Real Estate & Regeneration is intended to prepare students for a career as a chartered surveyor, primarily as a member of the Planning and Development Professional Group of the RICS.
"These degree programmes recognise that the real estate sector is now an integral part of a sophisticated and diverse business community and will ensure that the best talent, with the right skills, is available to the property industry." Douglas Smith, Chairman of CB Richard Ellis Scotland
The MSc in Real Estate & Regeneration is now one of eight MSc degrees taught within the Real Estate, Planning and Regeneration (REPR) MSc Programme. These innovative programmes were initially launched in September 2006 by Urban Studies, which is widely recognised as one of Europe's leading centres of urban research, following close consultation with the relevant professional, policy and business communities and has been widely welcomed by leading professions in the field. It is intended to provide an intensive fast-track entry to professional qualifications for well-motivated, high-quality postgraduate students.
Alongside the main programme we also offer a Postgraduate Certificate in Real Estate and Postgraduate Certificate in Spatial Planning, primarily for CPD students.
As a graduate you will be in possession of an MSc degree recognised by the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS) and can develop your career as a chartered surveyor. Opportunities exist in property developers, housebuilders, local authorities, real estate agencies and consultancies, regeneration and development agencies and the civil service.
Entry requirements for postgraduate taught programmes are a 2.1 Honours degree or equivalent qualification (for example, GPA 3.0 or above) in a relevant subject.Applicants with a lower second Honours degree may be accepted, if warranted by strong references and/or relevant work experience.International students with academic qualifications below those required should contact our partner institution, Glasgow International College, who offer a range of foundation courses.