The programme provides you with a detailed understanding of modern business principles, techniques and contextual conditions, paying particular attention to international finance.
• MSc: 12 months full-time;
• Contact: [email protected]
• You will work with a peer group of like-minded students at a similar stage in their management development, and with complementary interests and ambitions.
• It is an engaging and stimulating learning experience, with staff and students coming together in a vibrant postgraduate community.
• The Adam Smith Business School celebrates the legacy of Adam Smith by developing enlightened and enterprising graduates and internationally recognised research with real socio-economic impact.
• The School is an accredited member of the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB International).
You will take a series of core courses and optional courses and complete a substantial independent piece of work, normally in a project, dealing with a topical management issue. There are also non-assessed, compulsory workshop programmes, involving participation in a series of reflective learning exercises that include induction events, strategic case analysis and debates.
You will learn to use financial reports and information to meet the needs of an organisation.
The taught courses will enhance your ability to interpret data, and give you the tools to compile reports of key findings and recommendations, understandable to managers of all functions. The taught courses comprise a combination of lectures, seminars, tutorials, fieldwork and project work, both in groups and individually.
• Business management and decision making
• Delivering performance
• International corporate finance
• Marketing management
• People in organisations
• Strategic management.
• Entrepreneurial finance
• International banking and financial management (Accounting & Finance)
• Mergers and acquisitions (Accounting & Finance).
Background and Aims
Who is the programme for?
If you are a prospective student with a first degree in any subject, and would like a balanced coverage of core business and management subjects and dedicated finance disciplines, this programme is for you.
What does the programme offer?
A succinct introduction to contemporary business and management issues, and an informed understanding of environmental and historical influences on business and management practice.
What will the programme give me?
You will be able to meet the challenges of managing in culturally diverse and highly fluid business contexts. You will learn to use financial reports and information to meet the needs of an organisation.
This programme will enhance your ability to interpret data, and give you the tools to compile reports of key findings and recommendations, understandable to managers of all functions.
Industry Links and Employability
Employers frequently tells us that they want graduates who can act on their own initiative, take personal responsibility, show leadership potential, and adapt to changing circumstances. This is why our MSc programmes emphasise reflective learning, active participation and the development of interpretive, evaluative and problem-solving abilities. Our MSc programmes provide benefits for employers while enhancing the career prospects of our graduates.
Here are just a few of the international companies that have appointed our graduates:
• Abn Amro
• China Chamber of International Commerce
• Prosper Engineering
• Aztec Global Sourcing
• Procter & Gamble
Many of our recent graduates have taken fast track routes to senior positions, including:
• Financial Analyst
• Development Executive
• Client Services Manager
• Contract Manager
• HR Manager
• Property Consultant
• Sales and Marketing Director
• Assistant General Manager
• Management Consultant and Purchasing Director
There is a high demand for managers who can act on their own initiative, take personal responsibility, show leadership potential, and adapt to changing circumstances. You will also have an international finance specialisation that will give you an advantage in this sector.
A minimum 2.1 Honours degree or equivalent in any subject. Prior work experience is encouraged but not required. There should also be evidence of numeracy from your degree or work experience.