This programme is designed to give you an understanding of the financing and investment issues facing oganisations that operate internationally. You will also develop and understanding ot the treasury function of multinational companies.
• MFin: 12 months full-time;
• Contact: Adam Smith Business School
• Email: [email protected]
• You will learn how to analyse the functioning of principal capital markets and the features of the main products traded on these markets; and to identify and use appropriate statistical techniques to analyse financial data.
• You will learn how to critically appraise models, theories and issues relevant to the finance function of international organisations, and apply information for financial decision-making.
• The programme has been granted a measure of accreditation from the Diploma of the Chartered Insurance Institute.
• Our staff have close connections to the accounting and finance profession. Many of our graduates have attained various positions in the financial sector, in industry and commerce, and in the public sector.
You will take three core courses and three optional courses and undertake a substantial independent piece of work, normally in the form of a dissertation, on a finance-related theme.
• International capital markets
• International corporate finance
• Statistics for business research.
• Behavioural finance
• Financial analysis and equity valuation
• Financial regulation and ethics
• Governing risk & uncertainty
• International banking and financial markets
• International financial management
• Mergers and acquisitions
• Risk management and derivatives securities.
Background and aims
The Glasgow MFin is a long-established and consistently successful degree programme, and is one of the few “MFin” designated degrees in the United Kingdom. This is a general finance degree, which allows students a wide choice of courses to specialise in. It is taught by leading experts in their field, and students leave to pursue a very wide variety of careers in finance.
By the end of the programme you will be able to identify and use appropriate statistical techniques, and explain and analyse the functioning of the principal capital markets and the features of the main products traded on these markets. You will be able to critically appraise models, theories and issues relevant to the finance function of international organisations, and apply information for financial decision-making.
The programme will prepare you for a career in finance or to pursue research studies in finance. As a graduate of this programme, you will be qualified to work in a variety of financial functions, and in business such as banks, insurance companies, financial service companies, as well as mainstream industries and commercial services firms.
The programme will prepare you for a career in finance or to pursue research studies in finance. You will develop the background to work in a variety of financial functions, and for a variety of businesses such as banks, insurance companies, financial service companies. Working in mainstream industries and commercial services firms is also a possibility.
2:1 Honours degree or non-UK equivalent (eg, a GPA of 3.0 or above) in any subject, with school level Mathematics or at least 1 credit-bearing module in University level Mathematics.International students with academic qualifications below those required should contact our partner institution, Glasgow International College, who offer a range of pre-Masters courses.