This programme offers students the opportunity to explore international property markets whilst also learning from the real estate market and practice here in the UK. Interdisciplinary and holistic in nature, this programme examines the factors that influence the pricing of real estate.
• MSc: 12 months full-time; 24 months part-time, up to 60 months on modular basis
• Contact: [email protected]
• If you are interested in helping to shape the future of towns, cities and regions, this this programme will provide you with an excellent base on which to build a fascinating and rewarding career.
• There is significant input from industry to our teaching programme, including teaching on some courses, guest lectures and seminars.
• If you want to establish a career as a chartered surveyor, primarily as a member of the Commercial Property Practice or Valuation or Property Finance and Investment Professional Groups of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS), this programme is designed for you.
• This programme is professionally accredited by the RICS.
You will take a series of core courses, choose optional courses and undertake a dissertation or a major project in international real estate. There is also an opportunity to take part in an international study trip. The real estate profession is multi-disciplinary in nature so you will begin with lectures, seminars, tutorials and case studies in courses that provide you with an understanding of how urban economies and markets function, and the processes involved in urban development.
Towards the end of semester 1 you will start to develop core real estate skills and continue to build on this knowledge base in semester 2 by developing and applying core real estate skills in project, lab, field and team practice-based activities.
• Global cities
• Governance and markets
• Development process
• Development economics
• Professional practice, ethics and management
• Real estate valuation and appraisal
• Advanced real estate valuation and appraisal
• Real estate finance and investment
• Real estate markets
• Asian cities
• International real estate analysis
Background and Aims
The MSc in International Real Estate is intended to prepare students for a career as a chartered property surveyor, as a member of the RICS.
The MSc in International Real Estate is now one of eight MSc degrees taught within the Real Estate, Planning and Regeneration (REPR) MSc Programme. These innovative programmes were initially launched in September 2006 by Urban Studies, which is widely recognised as one of Europe's leading centres of urban research, following close consultation with the relevant professional, policy and business communities and has been widely welcomed by leading professions in the field. It is intended to provide an intensive fast-track entry to professional qualifications for well-motivated, high-quality postgraduate students.
Alongside the main programme we also offer a Postgraduate Certificate in Real Estate and Postgraduate Certificate in Spatial Planning, primarily for CPD students.
Opportunities exist in real estate agencies and consultancies, financial institutions, property developers, housebuilders, local authorities, and the civil service. There are also informal opportunities to meet people from industry at open events and recruitment presentations and we will also support you to arrange professional work placements.
Entry requirements for postgraduate taught programmes are a 2.1 Honours degree or equivalent qualification (for example, GPA 3.0 or above) in a relevant subject.Applicants with a lower second class Honours degree may be accepted, subject to strong references and/or relevant work experience.International students with academic qualifications below those required should contact our partner institution, Glasgow International College, who offer a range of foundation courses.