This is a joint programme between Management and Economics and provides participants with a variety of skills and in-depth knowledge associated with financial management and international business.
• MSc: 12 months full-time;
• Contact: [email protected]
• This programme offers a unique learning experience based on research-led teaching with a real focus on personal and career development.
• You will have access to regular workshops, trips, social events and lectures by business leaders.
• The School is an accredited member of the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB International).
You will take both core and optional courses and complete a substantial independent piece of work, normally in the form of a dissertation, on a topical business, finance or management related issue.
The programme is complemented by non-assessed, compulsory personal and career development workshops, with an emphasis on reflective learning, active participation, evaluation and problem-solving abilities, which will provide benefits for employers while enhancing your career prospects. You will benefit from active learning in real life case studies and scenario investigations, career development sessions involving essay and exam answering workshops, CV writing sessions and interview simulations.
• Basic econometrics
• Corporate finance and investment
• Global business environment
• International strategic management
• Managing across cultures and comparative management
• Management issues and controversies.
EITHER 2 Economics courses from
• International finance and money
• Modern theory of banking and finance.
OR 1 Economics and 2 Management courses from
• American business and management in an international context
• The internationalisation of SMEs
• The business environment in china
• The European business environment.
Background and Aims
Who is this programme for?
The MSc Finance and Management programme is designed to provide students with theoretical and practical knowledge and skills in financial management and international business and will be a solid foundation to those aiming to pursue a career in financial management, or to establish their own international ventures.
What will I get from this programme?
On this programme you will develop specialist expertise in international business, including strategic management, entrepreneurship & innovation and financial management, as well as important contemporary topics such as intellectual property protection, ethical governance and corporate social responsibility. You will be equipped with key skills in finance and management as well as a range of cognitive, communication, numeracy and information technology skills, specifically focused upon international environments and organisations.
In addition, you will be provided with a basic foundation in econometrics and gain knowledge and understanding relating to regression analysis and financial and investment decision making. You will have the opportunity to work alongside like-minded and driven peers who have similar career ambitions and complementary interests. Academic staff in the fields of finance and management aim to deliver a unique learning experience based on world-class research and research-led teaching with a real focus on personal and career development.
This programme will equip graduates for careers in financial services/management or assist in evaluating and launching international ventures.
Entry requirements are a 2.1 Honours degree or non-UK equivalent qualification (for example, GPA 3.0 or above) in a relevant subject containing a significant amount of business, management and economics.International students with academic qualifications below those required should contact our partner institution, Glasgow International College, who offer a range of foundation courses.