This specialist programme will provide students with a detailed understanding of contemporary marketing principles, techniques and trends from an international perspective and will promote an appreciation of how these are utilised in strategic marketing planning.
• MSc: 12 months full-time;
• Contact: [email protected]
• You will develop the ability to analyse, evaluate and manage market opportunities within an international context and prepare for a career in both large and smaller enterprises.
• You will have the opportunity to interact with business people, University staff and your colleagues to increase your knowledge of markets and marketing.
• You will gain an in-depth understanding of current issues and controversies in the global business environment.
• The University of Glasgow
Adam Smith Business School celebrates the legacy of Adam Smith by developing enlightened and enterprising graduates and internationally-recognised research with real socio-economic impact.
• The School is an accredited member of the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB International).
You will take a series of core and optional courses, followed by a substantial independent piece of work, normally in the form of a dissertation. There will be an emphasis on active learning experience in multi-cultural groups. Reflecting, evaluating and presenting are commonplace and facilitated at every stage by simulations, real life case studies and scenario investigations, all regularly supported by an electronic learning environment. You will be given the opportunity to pursue in-company projects and business simulations and participate in career development sessions involving essay and exam answering workshops, CV writing sessions, interview simulations, careers advice shops and job market analysis meetings.
• Consumer behaviour
• Global business environment
• International strategic management
• Managing across cultures and comparative management
• Marketing communications
• Marketing ethics and society
• Marketing planning and decision making
• Services marketing
• Strategic marketing management.
Sample optional courses
• Advanced topics in marketing futurecast
• Analytical problems in marketing futurecast
• Business simulation
• Export marketing
• E-Marketing strategy
• Internationalisation of SMEs
• Sales management and techniques.
Background and Aims
Who is the programme for?
This innovative, research-led degree, which in recent masters rankings is the top in Scotland and in the top 10 in the UK, will make you ready for a global future. It is designed for graduates who have the skills and attributes to pursue careers in strategic marketing or business/market analyst roles within international and multinational organisations.
What will I get from this programme?
On the MSc International Strategic Marketing programme, you will foster a critical appreciation of relevant theoretical, methodological and technical source material from across the marketing discipline. You will cultivate analytical and interpretive abilities, which will enable you to integrate these with essential marketing management skills, relating to other management function and disciplines.
During the programme you will be introduced to the opportunities and requirements of International Strategic Marketing in a dynamic, networked and international economy, which will prepare you for the challenges of managing and undertaking marketing activities in culturally diverse, international and dynamic business settings. By the end of the programme you will have developed a strategic approach to thinking and be able to relate decision making on marketing activities with other business functions including finance, procurement and product.
As a graduate you will have all the skills and attributes to pursue strategic marketing and business analyst roles with international and multinational organisations.
The programme links you to professional practice and employers with a series of seminars and discussions from guest speakers. You will also visit businesses to discuss strategic marketing solutions with marketing managers. Graduates of our MSc programmes go on to work for employers like Abn Amro, Siemens, Citigroup, China Chamber of International Commerce, Atkins, and Procter & Gamble.
A minimum 2.1 Honours degree or non-UK equivalent in business and management or in a related subject (containing a significant amount of business, commerce, economics and/or management).