• MLitt: 12 months full-time;
• PgDip 9 months full-time;
• Contact: [email protected]
• This programme is based at Christie's Education in London.
• You will benefit from the object-based study which is central to our teaching.
• You will receive training relevant to the public and commercial art worlds: practical and research based study of materials and techniques, scientific analysis, style, dating, quality and authenticity.
• You will study cataloguing to auction house and museum standards, including handling sessions, warehouse and museum visits; and take a professional cataloguing exam.
• You will benefit from our programme of study trips: regular visits to UK sites and two international trips to major sites in Europe or the Americas are included in the basic fee.
• Core lecture series c3000 BC–AD 1527, which underpins all components of the programme
• UK and international study trips, included in the basic fee
• Object-based study
• Cataloguing to auction house and museum standards.
• Gallery & curatorial studies
• Culture & ideology seminars
• Methodology seminars
• Thesis: your opportunity to create an exhibition on a small group of objects, independently researched and catalogued, using the key academic and professional skills you have learned on the programme.
• Art market, gallery & museum studies
• Research project: you will either make a proposal for an exhibition, choosing the objects to be displayed, or write about a single work of art, placing it in context through your own original research.
This programme will prepare you for a range of careers in the art world, and can also lead to further postgraduate study.
An undergraduate university degree, university transcripts, two letters of recommendation and a personal statement. Non-English speaking students must have IELTS 7 or equivalent.