* High quality postgraduate legal education at an elite UK top 10 university
* Personal tutor support and close contact with academic staff who are leaders in their fields
* Innovative, rigorous and flexible LLM programme which allows students to specialise in important areas of law
* Small seminar and teaching groups enabling you to fulfil your potential
* Opportunities to visit EU institutions, the United Nations and International Criminal Court
* Excellent career prospects
Studying an LLM Master of Laws offers unrivalled academic stimulation, the opportunity to deepen your understanding of the law and specialise your knowledge in a particular area, and improved career prospects at the highest level whether that be in practice or academia.
The Exeter LLM is a substantive, rigorous, and genuinely flexible programme of postgraduate study designed for the most ambitious and capable students. Delivered by some of the biggest names in legal research, our LLM allows you to create a bespoke programme of learning addressing your specific academic and professional needs, readying you to fulfil your career ambitions or for doctoral study.
The LLM in Maritime Law is designed specifically for students who wish to study shipping and international trade law in detail. The modules are particularly suited to students who intend to pursue careers in chartering, trade and marine insurance (including Protection and Indemnity Clubs). English law is widely adopted in other jurisdictions, so a study of English law is particularly important.
Students wishing to specialise in an area of law by following one of our dedicated pathways will also benefit from having that pathway named on your degree certificate, highlighting the specialist knowledge and experience you have in this field.
We offer a range of postgraduate scholarships and studentships for talented students. Students who reside in England and are interested in our Masters programmes can now take advantage of the UK government's postgraduate loan scheme which offers loans of up to £10,000.
Value of Scholarship(s)
Varies, but most awards are competitive and merit-based.