• This course builds on 11 years' experience of training in Systemic Practice at Derby.
• Our course team are skilled systemic therapists who practise in a variety of agency settings and so offer contemporary theory and practice.
• It's aimed at multi-agency, multi-professional participants who work with a range of client groups presenting a range of challenges, symptoms, issues or difficulties.
• There's an emphasis on creating a safe group context both in the academic and clinical aspects of the course, to facilitate learning.
• The research appraisal half module is delivered jointly with participants from Postgraduate Certificate programmes in different models, for example Cognitive Behavioural Psychotherapy which offers the opportunity to view research issues from many perspectives.
• The course is accredited by the Association for Family Therapy (AFT) at Intermediate level.
• Following successful completion of the course, you would be eligible to carry on training to Clinical MSc level.
About the course:
The course would be of interest to you if you wish to extend your knowledge of systemic practice and if you have successfully completed the University Advanced Diploma in Systemic Practice and Family Therapy or equivalent Foundation level training. The Postgraduate Certificate will enhance your knowledge and skills and is accredited as intermediate level training. It's taught in a modular programme.