This programme is designed for teachers of English who wish to improve their English language proficiency for professional and personal reasons.
Visit the website: http://www.chi.ac.uk/language-development-english-teachers
The programme has the following aims:
- to upgrade teachers' own English language proficiency
- to give teachers greater confidence in their use of English in their own classrooms
- to give teachers opportunities to research aspects of British culture
- to allow teachers to compare English as traditionally taught with English currently used by native speakers
- to explore the use of ICT in the classroom
- to offer a programme of educational study visits to locations of social and historic interest.
Sessions will focus on the following according to needs and preferences:
- Personal language development in each of the four skill areas (Listening, Speaking, Reading and Writing)
- Oral work aimed at increasing confidence and fluency
- Supported investigative language project
- Communication Skills
- Language Awareness
- Exploring Grammar using Computer-based Language
- Professional classroom language
- Investigations into aspects of British Culture
- Cultural materials Development for English Language Teaching
The programme will include:
- Small group tutorials
- Field trip programme
- Full social and cultural programme
How to apply: https://dotmailer-surveys.com/f31ueg1e-c011re4a
Funding for postgraduate students:
For information on funding and scholarships, please visit: http://www.chi.ac.uk/study-us/fees-finance/funding-and-money-advice-0/funding-postgraduate-students
You will study at our Bognor Regis campus.
Over the past few years, we’ve redeveloped both of our campuses so that you have the best facilities available for your course. We pride ourselves on the quality of the learning environment we can offer our students.
At Bognor Regis campus there is an integrated approach to the provision of learning resources and support. We offer a substantial collection of books, journals and other materials to help you further your research. A range of study areas for group and quiet study including Wi-Fi areas for laptop use are available, or you can use our open access PC and Mac areas. We use an electronic learning environment with an expanding portfolio of online library resources from anywhere at any time.
Our brand new award winning Learning Resource Centre is at the heart of the campus. It hosts a modern library service with areas for quiet and silent study on both floors. Also situated in the LRC is the Support and Information Zone, Costa Coffee and over 80 open access work stations. An equipment loans centre offers laptops, tablets and other electronic devices for short and long term loans.
The campus also offers purpose built classrooms for the teacher training courses, as well as lecture and seminar rooms.
Candidates should be experienced teachers and sufficiently proficient in English to enable them to participate actively in the programme.