This MSc in Sustainability, Entrepreneurship and Design blends a core training in sustainability with design and business, such that our postgraduates can be leaders and entrepreneurs involved in shaping a sustainable economy for the future. Practical-based professional development programme is designed to enable individuals to become leaders in environmentally sustainable enterprises - either as entrepreneurial new business owners, inventors or as change-makers in existing businesses.
The programme has a number of innovative features. For example:
- The fusion of environmental education with design, entrepreneurial and business skills.
- The programme will be affiliated with Blekinge (Sweden) University's MSc in Leadership for Sustainable Development, and offered with visiting lectures from this market leader. These will include those by Professor Göran Broman (founder of the Framework for Strategic Sustainable Development) and Professor Karl-Henrich Robért (Blue Planet Award winner and founder of the Natural Step - a global alliance centred around sustainability). Professor Terry Collins (Institute of Green Chemistry, Carnegie Mellon University, USA) will deliver programme material on green chemistry.
- Structural flexibility - so that the needs and desires of individuals can be met through offering optional modules within various themes relevant to sustainable enterprise (in the Business or Design Schools or in the Institute for the Environment).
- Practice based assessments - for example, the development of a detailed business plan for those who wish to start their own business, a product design for those taking the inventors route, or a research (PhD) proposal (for those eventually wishing to pursue a doctorate.
- Professional development activities - following the multidisciplinary learning programme, students will undertake a six month professional development activity in which - for example - they can undertake an internship or start their own business. (The provision of incubator space for these students will be an integral part of the MSc and is another distinctive feature of the programme. The students will also be equipped with pitching skills and a business mentor).
Introduction to Strategic Sustainable Development Entrepreneurship Business Planning International Business Ethics, Sustainability and Corporate Governance Sustainable Design Professional Design Studio
Optional modules (choose any 2)
Biosphere Clean Technology Environmental Law Responses to Climate Change International Business Strategy Logistics and Supply Chain Management Design Innovation Futures
A first degree (2:2 or above) in design, science and engineering, management, business studies or a cognate discipline. Mature candidates with non standard qualifications or those with relevant work experience, may be considered provided they can demonstrate significant, relevant occupational experience and/or promise as entrepreneurs.
6500 (FT) for Home/EU students; 13500 (FT) for non-EU students. Placement is an additional 2000.
Recipient: Brunel University London
Insert previous message below for editing?
You haven’t included a message. Providing a specific message means universities will take your enquiry more seriously and helps them provide the information you need. Why not add a message here