Master the world of business
Build on your business knowledge to reach new levels of success in your professional life with an Online MBA from the University of Birmingham
. Offered through Birmingham Business School, which holds triple-crown accreditation, this world-class degree reinvents the way online curriculum is delivered. In this course, you will gain a deeper understanding of global business and the skills you will need to realise immediate career benefits using a dynamic online learning platform.
Solutions for the modern business person
This Online MBA is designed for enterprising business professionals with at least three years of professional experience who are ready to enhance their practical knowledge for the next step in their careers. Coursework is taught by experts who represent diverse perspectives globally and provide comprehensive insights into today’s business challenges, helping postgraduates to:
- Overcome complex problems in global business
- Develop critical managerial skills
- Enhance leadership techniques
- Challenge critical thinking on global business issues
- Understand the practical application of business management theory
- Gain an international perspective
Innovation in the business learning experience
New ways of thinking inspire us in everything we do. This includes taking full advantage of digital media to provide a more dynamic learning experience that draws on interactivity, participation and connectivity. This online course provides flexibility beyond the traditional campus setting, enabling students to engage with curriculum directly using:
- Video lectures
- Real-life case studies
- Interactive assignments
- Social interaction
- Digital tools & resources
Be a part of academic excellence
Advance your career with an internationally recognised Online MBA from Birmingham Business School, an institution that puts business in context and puts people at the heart of business.
- Birmingham Business School holds triple-crown accreditation from the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business, the Association of MBAs and the European Quality Improvement System.
- The Financial Times ranked our MBA the 13th best in the UK and 26th best in all of Europe in its 2014 Global MBA Rankings, and the programme is also ranked in the top 12 in The Economist in 2013, demonstrating our commitment to an informed, world-class offering for all students.
Birmingham Business School’s Online MBA is a 30-month, 180-credit course (including a 60-credit dissertation).
Year one core modules - Credits
- Marketing - 10
- Operations Management - 10
- International Business - 10
- Accounting and Finance - 10
- Organisational Behaviour and Human Resource Management - 10
- Strategy - 10
Year two core modules - Credits
- Economics and Economic Policy for Business or Service Operations Management - 10*
- Critical Integration in Management or Marketing Strategy - 10*
- Economics and Economic Policy for Business or Management of Change - 10*
- Entrepreneurship and Innovation or Corporate Finance - 10*
- Critical Integration in Management or Advanced Strategy - 10*
- Entrepreneurship and Innovation or Business in Society - 10*
* These elective modules are repeated to allow more flexibility
Year three dissertation - Credits
- Dissertation - 60
Maximise your career opportunities
From the very start of your MBA course, you will have access to customised advice from our employment consultants. Through one-to-one coaching on Skype or other communication tools, they will work with you to clarify your aspirations and support you in your future career. Together, you can develop a winning employment strategy to take you to the next level and to open doors to a wide range of potential employers domestically and globally.
Go further in business
The University of Birmingham
plays an active role in making the UK a capital of global education. We challenge our postgraduate students with the highest standard of curriculum while providing a unique international perspective and innovative ways to educate. Our membership in the Russell Group also places us in a league with the UK’s top public research universities. With teaching informed by this calibre of research and our flexible approach to online learning, this degree is designed to be an MBA for the 21st century.
Tel: +44 (0)800 032 710
Visit birmingham.ac.uk/online to learn more and apply to study today
Students can start this course in February, June and October each year
At least an upper second-class degree or postgraduate diploma from a UK university or equivalent 3.0 GPA. Two references. A statement of purpose. A minimum of three years’ professional experience. For international students, with the exception of Graduate Diploma Students, applicants must have an IELTS score of 6.5 with no less than 6.0 in any band.