This course is accredited by the internationally recognised Institution of Engineering and Technology
This course is ideal if you are currently working (or would like to work) in the telecommunications industry and want to gain management level skills to enhance your career prospects. It offers a variety of units covering aspects of digital communication systems, protocols and regulations for the telecommunications industry, project management, finance and managing people and the opportunity to work with world-leading researchers in the field.
Intermediate qualifications available:
- Postgraduate certificate – 60 credits at Masters level
- Postgraduate diploma – 120 credits at Masters level
Choose Telecommunications Management MSc at Bedfordshire and:
- Study in a friendly environment with state-of-the-art laboratory facilities on a course accredited by the Institute of Engineering and Technology (IET)
- Explore potential opportunities for careers in telecommunications management – as Engineer, Consultant or Manager/Team Leader
- Develop your technical and managerial skills, with valuable experience of managing systems security strategy, an appreciation of current trends in telecommunications technologies and the ability to evaluate their effectiveness
- Gain enhanced knowledge and experience of advanced digital communications, financial analysis, managing people, network systems, professional project management, wireless networking and the telecommunications business environment
- Benefit from a course provides opportunities for CPD via our taught modular scheme, allowing you to gain a Postgraduate Certificate, Postgraduate Diploma or MSc with the potential for further study on an MSc by Research, MPhil or PhD.
Why choose this course?
The advances in networking and telecommunications technology over the past two decades have been immense. The era or 24-7 connectivity is upon us, and there are ever increasing demands to improve the technology available. This course is designed to provide you with both technical and business skills, and aims to provide you with the knowledge and skills required to perform at a management level within the telecommunications industry.
Career Management Skills
Employability is understood widely as encompassing knowledge, skills and a professional attitude which your tutors expect you to display in all your units. All University of Bedfordshire
courses aim to help you to be prepared for the world of work. The Careers Service is there to support you throughout the three years of your study. Our curriculum gives you skills that are valuable for a career within telecommunication industry but it is also relevant for a much wider range of applications.
The unit `Professional Project Management in particular requires you to work in a team so as to apply a current project management methodology that embraces all of these knowledge areas in an integrated way while going through the stages of planning, execution and project control; you will work as part of a team, take responsibility and make autonomous decisions that impact on the project team performance.
In addition and somewhat complementary the final project fosters independent and autonomous study: you learn to take up the responsibility of conducting your project, typically derived from your own ideas, in collaboration with a dedicated member of the teaching staff as project supervisor.
Career/Further study opportunities
Graduates of this degree will be able to embark on a graduate career within:
Project Manager (Telecommunications)
Team Leader (Telecommunications)
Opportunities exist for further postgraduate study (e.g. MSc by Research) or students can also continue onto PhDs by research which can lead to a career in higher education.