The course is designed for computing and non-computing graduates wanting to develop skills and experience in managing data securely in business environments.
It offers a broad overview of information management and security, as well as technical knowledge of networking and security.
It is ideal for those keen on a governance/compliance role, or for roles requiring you to take charge of data management.
Intermediate qualifications available:
• Postgraduate certificate – 60 credits at Masters level
• Postgraduate diploma – 120 credits at Masters level
Visit the website: https://www.beds.ac.uk/howtoapply/courses/postgraduate/next-year/information-management-and-security#about
• Study areas including: computer security, data modelling and management, emerging technologies, advanced security countermeasures, professional project management, networking administration and management, information security management and data governance and compliance
• Explore the career opportunities presented by the growth area of information security
• Develop your technical and managerial skills, with valuable experience of managing systems security strategy
• Gain valuable experience and industry links by working on projects for real businesses through our Academic into Business Computing (ABC) centre
• Benefit from a course which qualifies you roles including Information Architect, Data Modeller, Information Business Consultant, in Information Security and Network Management or go on to further study on an MSc by Research, MPhil or PhD.
Why choose this course?
The course is designed for those who want a broad overview of information management and security as well as technical knowledge of networking and security. The course is ideal for those who are looking to take up a governance/compliance role within an organisation, or for those who are looking to take charge of data management.
During the course you will gain skills in programming, computer security, data governance and compliance.
• Emerging Technologies
• Data Modelling and Management
• Professional Project Management
• Managing Information Systems Strategy and Security Risks
• Networking Administration and Management
• Data Governance and Compliance
• Computer and Network Security
• Ethical Hacking Tools and Techniques
• MSc project – Information Management and Security
Throughout your course you will be exposed to a wide variety of assessment techniques including: written examinations, case studies, practical coursework assignments, problem worksheets, presentations and viva- voce (voice) examinations.
This will allow you to apply the knowledge and understanding you have gained during the learning phase, to a variety of challenging and complex practical situations.
You will gain valuable skills for a career within Information Management and Security as well as those relevant for the wider world of IT and business.
The unit ‘Professional Project Management’ requires you to work in a team to apply a current project management methodology that embraces all of these knowledge areas in an integrated way while going through the stages of planning, execution and project control. You will work as part of a team, take responsibility and make autonomous decisions that impact on the project team performance.
The final project fosters independent and autonomous study. You learn to take up the responsibility of conducting your project, typically derived from your own ideas, in collaboration with a dedicated member of the teaching staff as project supervisor.
For information on available funding, please follow the link: https://www.beds.ac.uk/howtoapply/money/scholarships/pg
How to apply
For information on how to apply, please follow the link: https://www.beds.ac.uk/howtoapply/course/applicationform