This course enables graduates in Business or Information Systems to further their knowledge and career opportunities in business-led information systems.
An interdisciplinary course, it provides technical knowledge of applied programming, computer security, financial and business data analysis, strategic management of information systems and project management.
Intermediate qualifications available:
• Postgraduate certificate – 60 credits at Masters level
• Postgraduate diploma – 120 credits at Masters level
Visit the website: https://www.beds.ac.uk/howtoapply/courses/postgraduate/next-year/business-information-systems
• Study on an interdisciplinary course that combines information technology and business, with areas including applied programming, computer security, information management and security, financial analysis, data modelling and management, professional project management, business data analysis and data compliance and governance
• Explore state-of-the-art and emerging information system solutions
• Develop your analytical, evaluative and problem-solving skills, enabling you to propose, critique and justify potential information system solutions to business-oriented problems
• Gain a thorough understanding of the roles information systems play in the business environment as well as related ethical and legal considerations
• Benefit from valuable experience through our Academic into Business Computing (ABC) centre, opening up new career opportunities such as Business Analyst, Systems Analyst, Project Manager, IT consultant or IT/Business Lecturer.
• Applied Programming
• Data Modelling and Management
• Professional Project Management
• Managing Information Systems Strategy and Security Risks
• Emerging Technologies
• Computer and Network Security
• Financial Analysis
• Business Data Analysis
• MSc Project - Business Information Systems
We employ a variety of assessment methods including written examinations, practical coursework assignments, problem worksheets, presentations and viva-voce (oral) examinations. This aims to ensure you are able to apply the knowledge gained to practical situations.
You will gain valuable skills for a career within Business Information Systems as well as those relevant for a much wider range of applications such as information analysis or decision support systems.
The unit ‘Professional Project Management’ requires you to work in a team to apply current project management and ethics methodology that embraces all of these knowledge areas in an integrated way while going through the stages of planning, execution and project control. You will work as part of a team, take responsibility and make autonomous decisions that impact on the project team performance.
The final project fosters independent and autonomous study. You will learn to take up the responsibility of conducting your project, typically derived from your own ideas, in collaboration with a dedicated member of the teaching staff as project supervisor.
For information on available funding, please follow the link: https://www.beds.ac.uk/howtoapply/money/scholarships/pg
How to apply
For information on how to apply, please follow the link: https://www.beds.ac.uk/howtoapply/course/applicationform