Sport and Physical Activity is fun, good for us and can change lives. It is a huge global industry that is set to grow further as governments increasingly recognise the role of sport in supporting health and wellbeing and creating vibrant communities.
To deliver this, the sector needs an innovative and dynamic workforce. This course will support you as a current or future leader to develop skills in the management and development of Sport and Physical Activity.
You will have the opportunity to review and analyse examples of best practice, develop sustainable sport participation programmes and research a Sport and Physical Activity topic area of your choice.
Visit the website: https://www.beds.ac.uk/howtoapply/courses/postgraduate/next-year/international-management-of-sport-and-physical-activity
• Gain an advanced understanding of the management and leadership of sport and physical activities and interventions aimed at making a positive impact upon individuals and communities locally and worldwide
• Study using range of learning activities, including lectures, seminars, online learning, action learning and tutorials, and from a team who have a wide range of expertise and experience in specific subject areas such as leisure, sport
• Explore ways to develop new, creative and innovative ideas to motivate people to participate in sport and physical activities while gaining the necessary personal competencies, applied practical skill-sets and subject expertise to become a theoretically informed and reflective practitioner
• Develop the ability to implement a wide range of programmes and interventions, as well as being able to manage people and organisations to achieve sport and physical activity outcomes both nationally and internationally.
• Benefit from our links with industry and the Government as you gain considerable experience of working with employers to investigate and analyse real industry problems and develop potential solutions for them (including a semester long research project).
• Sport and Physical Activity Leadership
• Managing Sport and Physical Activity
• Applied Leadership and Management of Sport and Physical Activity
• The Structure of Sport and Physical Activity
• Research Methods for Sport and Physical Activity
• Comparative Sports Policy
• Sport and Physical Activity Research Project
You will undertake a variety of assessments, including:
• Written Reports and Essays
• Verbal Presentations
• Online Reflective Journals
• Case Studies
• Phase Tests
• Applied assessments relating to managing the design, planning, delivery of a sport and physical activity intervention.
Assessment activities will be based on tasks that provide the opportunity to demonstrate both vocational skills and subject knowledge.
As you progress through the units, the assessment criteria will emphasise the expectation that you demonstrate theory driven understanding of sport and physical activity management issues and practices. This is reflective of the higher levels of cognition required to study at master's level.
Your employability is supported in the following ways:
1. Professional Accreditation – The course was written to meet the professional standards Job Band B (Middle Management and Aspiring) as identified by CIMSPA, the Chartered Institute for the Management of Sport and Physical Activity. The University will support you in becoming a Student Member of CIMSPA and provide information regarding CIMSPA events and conferences which will support your employment opportunities.
2. Current and Future Industry Knowledge – The units, the resources and the teaching and learning will support the development of current industry knowledge and evaluate future industry direction.
3. Applied Industry Experience – The course provides the opportunity to test and apply industry experience.. There are also additional opportunities to gain applied industry experience by students involving themselves with the University of Bedfordshire
Student Led Sports Company.
For information on available funding, please follow the link: https://www.beds.ac.uk/howtoapply/money/scholarships/pg
How to apply
For information on how to apply, please follow the link: https://www.beds.ac.uk/howtoapply/course/applicationform