This course is an Association for Physical Education Business Associate.
This intellectually demanding professional development MA is designed to support you in becoming a more reflective teacher or youth/ community/performance sports coach, using intensive, compressed teaching time combined with flexible off-site guided learning to fit around your work in a school or youth sport setting.
It is research-led and research-informed, taught by world-leading academics, grounding the theoretical study of physical education and sport pedagogy in your practical workplace experience.
Intermediate qualifications available:
- Postgraduate certificate – 60 credits at Masters level
- Postgraduate diploma – 120 credits at Masters level
Choose Physical Education and Sport Pedagogy MA at Bedfordshire and:
- Study in a supportive and innovative environment, on a course covering a unique combination of topics designed to integrate with current physical education policy
- Explore opportunities to contribute in an enterprising and creative way to the field and practice of physical education and sport pedagogy
- Develop a high level of understanding of physical education practice and policy providing you with a basis for life-long learning and successful career development in your chosen professional area of physical education and sport pedagogy
- Gain from studying with staff with impressive backgrounds with nationally and internationally recognised research interests, as well as access to state-of-the-art facilities
- Benefit from a course designed to prepare you to work in a range of sport or education contexts, including physical education teaching; sports coaching (elite, performance, development and/or community); physical education teacher education; sport development or educational research and/or continue to further research-based study on MSc by research, MPhil or PhD programmes.
Want to know more about our courses and keep up to date with news? Have a look at our Sport Beds website - http://www.beds.ac.uk/sportbeds#Sport%20Beds%20Link
Why choose this course?
The MA Physical Education & Sport Pedagogy is a rigorously designed and intellectually demanding professional education and development programme. It is studied in order to become a more effective and reflective teacher or coach in school, club and other community settings. Each unit is grounded in the most recent developments in research on physical education and sport pedagogy and draws on your practical experience.
Career Management Skills
The course is designed around compressed, intensive contact days at university and flexible off-site guided learning. This design allows students gain the necessary experience to apply the theoretical concepts they are examining during their studies in an applied and contextualised manner while also allowing students to gain appropriate experience to strengthen their employability. Additional employability support is available from the careers services at the university. A range of support services including CV writing, applications, interview preparation and finding work are advertised on http://careers.beds.ac.uk/
. The optional PESP research seminars include a focus on professional development such as presentation and communication skills.
Career/Further study opportunities
The course is designed to prepare you for work in sport or education sectors. Within these sectors we apply knowledge to a variety of contexts including for example Physical education teaching; sports coaching (elite, performance, development and/or community); physical education teacher education; sport development; educational research
This course will provide the advanced knowledge and research training required for direct access to higher degrees by research (MPhil/ PhD).