Modern biotechnology is a hugely complex subject, and this course covers its key areas, helping you develop an advanced understanding of molecular and computational biology through to applied microbiology.
You will learn about the latest new technologies in these three areas, gain insights into how they are used in the global biotechnology industry, and discover how microbes can be used on an industrial scale to benefit humankind.
Visit the website: https://www.beds.ac.uk/howtoapply/courses/postgraduate/next-year/biotechnology
• Study the latest developments in applied microbiology and computational biology in high-quality, broad-based classes taught by dedicated staff with research experience in specialist subject areas
• Explore the latest technologies in molecular biology and the industrial processes that are used to exploit microbes for specific products and applications
• Develop the ability to use information from relevant sources, and independently and critically evaluate current research and advanced scholarship
• Gain the ability to use assured, accurate and fluent language to present your work, and learn to develop graphs and images that clearly illustrate complex points
• Benefit from a wide knowledge base and the key transferable skills that will give you the opportunity to take your career to new heights.
• Molecular Biology
• Computational Biology
• Analytical Methods
• Applied Microbiology
• Laboratory Based Research Project (Biotechnology)
Assessment is undertaken in all units of the course to check that you have met (or are working towards meeting) the threshold standards expected of all students.
Each unit of study has three summative assessment points and when each is marked you will be provided with feedback that is designed to show you where you are meeting/exceeding the standards and where/how you can/should make further improvement.
In addition to developing your specialist knowledge and understanding, there is emphasis on developing your approach and attitude to working by emphasising and encouraging the professional standards expected by employers. This is supported by a departmental seminar programme that includes speakers from industry who will give you an insight into what they expect from employees.
The University also has a programme of seminars and workshops designed to help you recognise and boost the attributes expected and appreciated by employers. This is supplemented by trips and visits.
For information on available funding, please follow the link: https://www.beds.ac.uk/howtoapply/money/scholarships/pg
How to apply
For information on how to apply, please follow the link: https://www.beds.ac.uk/howtoapply/course/applicationform
Applicants should have an undergraduate degree at Honours level or equivalent in a relevant science subject, such as medical, biomedical, pharmaceutical, biological, chemical, nutritional science or a related science subject. Applicants without this formal qualification but who have significant relevant work experience may be considered on a case-by-case basis; an interview with the course leader is required. International applications wills be assessed using UKVI and University of Bedfordshire
policy. Check English language requirements at: View Website