If you’re an ambitious manager working in the private, public or voluntary sectors, and want to develop your skills and engage in stimulating debate with your peers, then this course is for you.
In addition to enhancing your understanding of contemporary leadership theory, you will develop your ability to reflect on your managerial experiences, and transfer learning into practice. And when you join us, you will be automatically enrolled as a member of the Chartered Management Institute, the benefits of which include keynote speakers and access to a state-of-the art management resources centre.
Choose Management (CMI) PgCert at Bedfordshire and:
- Study the latest research relating to best practice, enhance your understanding of contemporary management theory, develop your ability to reflect on your managerial experiences and transfer your newly acquired knowledge into practice in the workplace
- Explore the knowledge, skills and sensibilities that will help you respond to constantly evolving work and organisational environments
- Develop your competence as a reflective practitioner so that in the future you can work autonomously and ethically, and shape your organisation and society
- Gain an appreciation of different approaches to management, sharpen the skills you need to integrate theory with practice, and learn to evaluate and use sources of management information to aid operational planning and implementation
- Benefit from a highly stimulating environment that encourages critical debate and shared learning.
Why choose this course?
As well as enhancing your understanding of contemporary management theory, the course aims to develop your ability to reflect on your managerial experience and transfer learning back into practice in the workplace.
Career Management Skills
You will be encouraged to include your own career and long-term personal and professional development as part of your reflective practice at the outset of the course. This is focused on in particular in the `Managing People and Relationships unit. Sharing experience with peers from other sectors is likely to be particularly valuable in gaining critical insight into your future career development.
Career/Further study opportunities
The course will support the development of critical thinking and enhanced managerial practice and will therefore enable you to consolidate or enhance your career in a very competitive labour market.
Successful completion of the course enables admission with credit to the MBA and the MA Management, Organisation and Society (subject to validation) offered at the University of Bedfordshire
. Students may elect to undertake the additional CMI unit 7005 (coded as SHR025-2) to achieve the CMI Level 7 Diploma in Strategic Leadership and Management.
Standard entry requirements for UK students View Website
from the European Union - View Website
course is designed for people in managerial roles who are seeking to improve their understanding and practice of management and who are capable of postgraduate level study. Consideration will be given to:- Applicants with an Honours degree or equivalent from a recognised university working in, or aspiring to a managerial role- Applicants with lower level qualifications but with relevant managerial experience.