Develop excellence in your practice with Bath's multiprofessional Advanced CPD courses. Choose a postgraduate CPD course relevant to your area of work or combine a range courses and your specialist research area for the MSc in Advanced & Specialist Healthcare Practice supporting the development for senior roles in health, including the Consultant Pharmacist pathway and Pharmacists with Special Interest accreditation.
Experienced pharmacists, doctors, nurses and health professionals benefit from complete flexibility. Each course uses a blend of flexible peer, action and work-based learning, supported by web-based resources and online discussion events to develop your area of expertise. Occasional face-to-face professional conferences help develop and nurture your new knowledge and skills, engage with ideas and concepts at the forefront of service delivery and network with other professionals.
Visit the website http://www.bath.ac.uk/study/pg/programmes/pharmacy-advanced-practice/
• Advanced clinical practice
• Managing in health
• Supporting education, training and development
• Research design and methods for practice
• Advanced professional development
• Plus a choice of more than ten 6-credit courses including key therapeutic areas as well as Minor Ailments, Mental Health, Public Health, Pharmacist Prescribing and Medicines Management.
What you can achieve
• Identify and lead innovation and service development relevant to your area of practice, and evaluate the impacts
• Review and manage complexity in your clinical and practice setting
• Foster and develop high level leadership skills and effective inter-professional communication and working
• Critically assess evidence and use appropriately to inform your decision making process
• Evaluate, challenge and manage change in your clinical or practice setting
• Develop and support others to work effectively and pragmatically and analyse the impacts of development
• Design and conduct audit and research in practice and effectively commission and make sense of that research
• Create and support learning activities for a practice-based environment
Accreditation of Prior Learning (APL) criteria may apply to those applicants who have previous learning experience and academic credits. Previous experiential learning may also be considered.
- Support to identify and lead innovation and service development relevant to your area of practice
- Minimal time away from work
- Excellent support and professional networks
- A user-friendly virtual learning environment with online resources, discussion and professional conferences
- Choose individual award-bearing CPD courses or build credits toward an MSc in Advanced and Specialist Healthcare Practice
- Accreditation of prior learning, certified or experiential, which can count towards the MSc
The courses in Advanced Clinical Practice are ‘open’, meaning that you work with a University tutor to identify an area of advanced clinical practice in which to undertake significant practice development work. A work-based coach, normally a clinical specialist from the NHS may be appointed as a second reader and ‘coach’ to comment critically on the clinical accuracy and relevance of your work.
Pathways and duration
- CPD specialist course (3-9 months depending on number of credits)
- Certificate / Diploma / MSc in Advanced and Specialist Healthcare Practice (up to 10 years to convert credits)
Research in our Department is centred around a number of focused areas or themes. To find out more, please see our:
- Departmental research webpages (http://www.bath.ac.uk/pharmacy/research/
Our research staff and students are also involved in a number of formal Research Centres and networks:
Bath Inflammation/Rheumatology Research Network (BIRD)
Cancer Research at Bath ([email protected]
Centre for Extremophile Research
Centre for Mathematical Biology
Centre for Regenerative Medicine (CRM)
Inter-Departmental Infection and Immunity Network
Neuroscience Network at University of Bath
ReMedDes [email protected]
; tel: +44 (0) 1225 386773; fax: +44 (0) 1225 386114
Taught Postgraduate Programme Administrator, Department of Pharmacy and Pharmacology, University of Bath
BA2 7AY UK
Find out about the department here - http://www.bath.ac.uk/pharmacy/
Find out how to apply here - http://www.bath.ac.uk/study/pg/apply/index.html
BPharm or MPharm if you are a pharmacist, or equivalent professional degree if you are a member of another professional group. Be a registered member of the General Pharmaceutical Council/Pharmaceutical Society of Northern Ireland or other professional registration body. Be working at a senior level in your area of practice and have at least 4 years experience post registration. Demonstrate a commitment to CPD by providing up-to-date records of formal professionally recognised CPD activity.