The course structure is designed to enable you to undertake a comprehensive, searching, in depth examination of advertising practice. One of the course’s key features is to take you not only through the rigorous and demanding stages of research, strategy and planning procedures, but to expose you to the functions and processes of the creative department. Giving you a full overview of advertising practice and a key insight into the creative process.
The course comes from the School of Communication Design within Falmouth University
; synonymous with excellent teaching, fuelled by industry contacts and recognised for having an international alumni body.
Visit the website http://flexible.falmouth.ac.uk/courses/ma-advertising--marketing.htm
- Accelerate your career trajectory within the global advertising & marketing industry
- Acquire the skills to operate seamlessly within the world of advertising & marketing
Who is this course for?
This international-facing course delivers not only knowledge, but enhances career opportunities through extended networks, in an industry where being connected is essential. The flexible mode of delivery will enable you to continue your work, while developing new skills directly related to your current role, or to enhance your employability.
This course is suitable for applicants who may be:
- Working in a marketing or brand manager role who want to have a greater insight into advertising, agency functions, the creative process, how to deliver a brief, evaluate creative concepts and understand contemporary media channels
- Working within an advertising agency in a junior capacity who are looking to enhance their job performance and accelerate their career path
- Individuals with experience or aspirations in the creative departments of advertising agencies
- Individuals who are currently working within broad marketing roles (client side) who wish to establish a change in career path and seek employment in advertising (agency side)
You will need to complete four 30-credit modules and one 60-credit project (180 credits in total).
- Core Modules
Principles of marketing & brand strategy
Communication strategy & creative development
Media strategy & channels
Agency practice & management
- Written assignments(no examinations)
- Combination of visual, verbal and written works, tailored specifically to each module e.g. essays, briefs, marketing plans, individual reports, collaborative presentations and advertising campaigns
How you study
You may choose to:
1. Study entirely online without attending any face-to-face workshops.
2. Study online and attend optional residential workshops, held biannually at various locations such as the UK, Asia or the Middle East.
A typical workshop will start on Friday and end on Monday. Students will be informed at least 4 months in advance giving you plenty of time to arrange your attendance. Attendance is strongly encouraged although not compulsory.
Taught by industry experts
Designed with employer-focused learning at the core, our courses work with global organisations, staff and alumni to provide you with the breadth of experience and networks needed to accelerate your career.
There will be guided learning activities consisting of:
- Concise online presentations to introduce key concepts
- Small group and class discussions and crits to facilitate interaction and dialogue
- Online critiques to test assumptions, ideas and to receive feedback from peers and tutors
- Individual and group tutorials throughout the course
- Independent study
- Self-evaluation and peer feedback
As a Falmouth student, you enjoy an equal status to students studying on campus:
- Your own student ID card
- Access to online software tutorials at lynda.com
- 24/7 online access to library resources
- Students’ Union community
Find out how to apply here - https://myfalmouth.falmouth.ac.uk/urd/sits.urd/run/siw_ipp_lgn.login?process=siw_ipp_app&code1=MAADMAPO_102&code2=0001
An honours degree or Level 6 equivalent qualification. Proof of proficiency in English (minimum overall score of IELTS 6.5 with at least 6.0 in Reading, Writing, Speaking and Listening). We also accept a range of equivalent recognised English language qualifications please visit our website for details. Candidates without a degree or formal qualification are still encouraged to apply.