The Master in Corporate Communication is partnered with LABCOM (Research Lab on Corporate Communication) at Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore
The Master will enhance the potential of young brilliant professionals to tackle all the complexities of communication management. Each module of the Master training is designed to strengthen the students chance to become a sought out professional in the communication field. The Master training is centered on the most current and significant strategic and operational issues of communication in all its business configurations, in order to make students acquire the professional, interpersonal, and language skills necessary to be effective communicators in organizations.
Career opportunities & professional recognition
The Master graduates will gain 360 degrees of communication knowledge of strategic and operational management of communication (marketing communications/brand management, accounting and strategic planning, interactive/social media communications and community management, corporate public relations, internal communications, stakeholder relations). The Master supports students’ career openings by:
● Empowering students’ self-branding capability organizing classes focused on effective resume writing, job interview training, teamwork advice, as well as diversity and cross-cultural management;
● Supporting encounters between students and professionals directly in the classroom. Many of the professors are top executives that may hire students for internships
● Involving students in field trips to companies and agencies;
● Challenging students with a real consultancy field project. An opportunity to take on the full responsibility in managing a project and delivering a result by activating the knowledge developed in the classroom. Consultancy projects are a realistic and direct bridge with potential employers;
● Sharing students’ profiles with the Master’s partner companies and business liaisons beyond partners;
● Partnering with Università Cattolica Stage and Placement Office which collects and posts job opportunities. Over the past editions, students have been hired for internships at: BMW, FIAT, Ketchum Inc., L’Oréal, Leo Burnett, Mediacom, MSL Group, Pandora, TBWA Worldwide, and Vizeum Spa.
The 4 E of the Master in Corporate Communication excellence:
● Setting the foundation of the profession
● Offering a conceptual overview of the disciplines which inform the practice
● Corporate Communication (4 ECTS/CFU)
● Consumer & Industrial Marketing (4 ECTS/CFU)
● Consumer Behavior (3 ECTS/CFU)
● Stakeholder Relationship Management and Negotiation (4 ECTS/CFU)
● Communication Skills - (3 ECTS/CFU)
● Advanced English for Relationship Management (3 ECTS/CFU)
● Italian Language and Culture (3 ECTS/CFU)
● Nurturing the distinctive competences of the profession
● Challenging and sharpening the critical abilities to manage communication
● Branding & Consumer-Brand Relationships (4 ECTS/CFU)
● Market Insights & Account Management (4 ECTS/CFU)
● Advertising Creative & Media Strategy (4 ECTS/CFU)
● Unconventional Interactive & Social Media Marketing Communications (4 ECTS/CFU)
● Corporate & Marketing Public Relations (4 ECTS/CFU)
● Retail Experience (4 ECTS/CFU)
● Refining communication skills in specialty areas
● Strengthening analytical thinking to interpret markets and society
● Business-to-Business Relationships (3 ECTS/CFU)
● Internal Communication & Employer Branding (3 ECTS/CFU)
● Qualitative & Quantitative Market Research (4 ECTS/CFU)
● Far East culture and language (3 ECTS/CFU)
● Activating the competences acquired during in-class training
● Bridging Master studies and the profession
● Creativity Lab
● Consultancy Field Project
Ongoing professional training
● Individual assessment interviews
● Self-branding sessions
● Team-working support
● Diversity management training
● Job interview simulation
● Field trips
Milan boasts extraordinary beauty. The city has inspired the creativity behind some of the world’s iconic fashion and design labels. Milan is recognized as a fashion and design capital, and has a major global influence in commerce, industry, music, sport, literature, art, and media.
We support you
Students receive support through comput- ing platforms including teaching, discussion forum, group work and tutorship. There is a tutor tailored for every consultancy field project group. Within the program there is a strong involvement of student group works and meetings with companies.
Placement & career service
With 6,900 internship opportunities per year and over 7,100 local and international partner companies, Università Cattolica’s Career Service will help orientate students along the paths of research, internships and employment.
Supporting Companies: Leo Burnett, MSL Group
Partner Companies: ABC Production Agency, Henkel, International Advertising Association, Intesa Sanpaolo, Italian Brand Factory, Iterion, Mediacom, MSL Group, TBWA, Vizeum Aegis Media Group, We are social
Consultancy projects: Google, Disney, Leo Burnett, Lovable, Mars, MSL, Vizeum, 3M (previous editions of the Master)
Liaisons companies: Coop, Ecor Naturasi, Heineken, Lego (involved in class presentations and assignments).
All scholarships are assigned on a merit basis and will be mostly given to students who apply by the priority deadline. Some scholarships may also target specific geographic regions.
Scholarship value: €4000
Entry requirements include graduates with a Bachelor or a Master Degree (BA, BS, MA, MS, or MBA) in economics, management, language, communication, and human sciences. All applicants should have a basic communication or marketing knowledge acquired during tertiary education or professional experience.