The MBA Aviation has been designed to satisfy the increasing need of the global aviation industry for graduates with a focus on key aspects of business and management.
The course aims to produce highly innovative and creative graduates with the technical abilities and management potential to compete for a wide range of careers in this exciting industry.
You will be taught by a mix of management and aviation specialists
The course will provide you with a thorough grounding in management principles, practices and techniques strongly contextualised to aviation applications
Alongside lectures and tutorials, you will benefit from guest speakers, industrial visits, case study activities and group working
You will undertake an individual research project
Core modules may include: Operations management; Corporate and competitive strategy
You will also choose one option module which may include: Understanding contemporary leadership and management; Global business environment
Core modules may include: Strategic marketing; Quality and safety management in aviation
You will also choose one option module which may include: Entrepreneurial strategy and business growth; Management, accounting and finance
To achieve the award of MBA you must complete a research dissertation.
This course is available at Perth College UHI, Crieff Road, Perth, PH1 2NX
Top five reasons to study at UHI
1. Do something different: our reputation is built on our innovative approach to learning and our distinctive research and curriculum which often reflects the unique environment and culture of our region and closely links to vocational skills required by a range of sectors.
2. Flexible learning options mean that you can usually study part time or full time. Some courses can be studied fully online from home or work, others are campus-based.
3. Choice of campuses – we have campuses across the Highlands and Islands of Scotland. Each campus is different from rich cultural life of the islands; the spectacular coasts and mountains; to the bright lights of our city locations.
4. Small class sizes mean that you have a more personal experience of university and receive all the support you need from our expert staff
5. The affordable option - if you already live in the Highlands and Islands of Scotland you don't have to leave home and incur huge debts to go to university; we're right here on your doorstep
Scholarships relevant to this course are displayed (where available) below. For a comprehensive list of the funding opportunities available at UHI, including funding relevant to your nationality, please visit the Scholarships and Funding website http://www.uhi.ac.uk/en/studying-at-uhi/first-steps/how-much-will-it-cost/tuition-fees-postgraduate
How to apply
If you want to apply for this postgraduate programme click on the ‘visit website’ button below which will take you to the relevant course page on our website, from there select the Apply tab to complete our online application.
If you still have any questions please get in touch with our information line by email using the links beow or call on 0845 272 3600.
An exciting and diverse student life awaits our international students. Choose to study in one of the larger urban centres of the region, such as Perth, Inverness or Elgin, or in one of the smaller towns or island communities, including the Western and Northern Isles. http://www.uhi.ac.uk/en/studying-at-uhi/international
English Language Requirements
Our programmes are taught and examined in English. To make the most of your studies, you must be able to communicate fluently and accurately in spoken and written English and provide certified proof of your competence before starting your course. Please note that English language tests need to have been taken no more than two years prior to the start date of the course. The standard English Language criteria to study at the University of the Highlands and Islands
are detailed on our English language requirements page http://www.uhi.ac.uk/en/studying-at-uhi/international/how-to-apply-to-uhi/english-language-requirements
2:1 honours degree in a related subject, for example Aircraft Engineering or equivalent professional qualification. Other qualifications may be considered along with appropriate professional experience. Applicants will be required to provide academic references prior to admission and where appropriate employer references. International students whose first language is not English require an IELTS score of 6.5 or above or other appropriate English Language Qualification with a minimum score of 6 in each of the 4 language skills tested. Candidates will be expected to have two years relevant work experience or be able provide evidence of leadership through professional and personal experiences.
Fees for all candidates: per module onsite £1080, online £680; Masters degree (6 modules + dissertation) on-site £9720, online £6000