As a student in the MA Advertising, Branding and Communication course at the University of West London
, you will become a strategic thinker and communicator to create cutting edge advertising, brand and design campaigns. We build your understanding of brand communication, professional graphic design, advertising strategy and creativity to help prepare you for your future career.
Communication is at the centre of the way we live our lives. Today's communication systems and tools are complex, sophisticated and extremely powerful. However, the usefulness of these systems and tools depends on those who know how best to use them creatively and strategically.
As consumers become more knowledgeable and knowing, we must create the right kind of conversation. Advertising, Branding and Communication is lightning fast - responding to consumer needs, aspirations, and trends, in highly innovative relational and meaningful ways.
This course has a vocational focus, giving you the professional experience required to kick-start your career after graduation.
This course delivers in-depth, real time real-world real-value education. You will:
• work industry hours, at industry pace and on industry projects and internships
• learn to research, apply and present design innovation, brand narrative with mentored design partnerships/teams on industry set briefs
• have the opportunity to collaborate across other post graduate courses delivered in the London School of Film Media and Design and the London School of Music
• gain specialist skills and knowledge in your course
• gain insight and professional practice from working alongside students
• explore a range of evolutionary and revolutionary processes
• build a professional understanding of today's competitive global environments related to design, advertising processes and the management of communication
• develop your own project driven by your new knowledge.
Postgraduate taught courses are taught through a range of:
• industry visits group tutorials.
Career and study progression
Upon graduation, you can work as a brand designer, account handler, graphic communication designer or idea strategist, making your creative mark in the demanding worlds of branding or advertising. You will bring your knowledge of contemporary innovation and brand strategy to a range of industry projects.
You may also wish to undertake postgraduate study to specialise in a subject you’ve already studied, or to explore something new.
How to apply
Click the following link for information on how to apply to this course: http://www.uwl.ac.uk/students/postgraduate/how-apply
Scholarships and bursaries
Information about scholarships and bursaries can be found here: http://www.uwl.ac.uk/students/postgraduate/scholarships-and-bursaries
We expect you to have:An undergraduate degree earned at 2:2 or above.International students need to meet our English language requirement at either IELTS at 6.5 or above, and a minimum of 5.5 for each of the 4 individual components (Reading, Writing, Speaking and Listening).