The luxury sector is the fastest growing sector of the $6 trillion global hospitality industry. This course has been designed to launch your career into this highly lucrative and competitive market.
This postgraduate course is specifically designed to give you the skills, knowledge and insight to develop a global vision of a business and the ability to successfully design and manage a luxury hospitality brand.
You will learn to:
• learn new approaches where empathy, intuition and the art of anticipation are dominant approach business challenges from a global perspective
• integrate academic and technical knowledge
• assess situations from financial, commercial and cultural standpoints.
• champion and protect the trusted reputation of brands
• develop action plans based on rigorous theoretical frameworks
• manage change and transfer competencies and know-how
• work in teams to learn how to build commitment
• develop the communication and organisational skills that secures team 'buy-in' and successful project management.
• The Luxury Hospitality Business Environment
• Designing the Customer Experience I
• Designing the Customer Experience II
• Business Performance Analysis
• Brand Reputation Management
• E-Strategies and Systems
• Research Methods.
• Organisational Behaviour in Theory and Practice
• Management Consultancy
• The Internship.
The internship requires that you work for a minimum of 1,200 hours (equivalent to 30 weeks) with a hospitality employer. These positions can be in either paid or non-paid employment. The important thing is that the internship allows you to apply the theoretical knowledge acquired on your course to a practical work-based situation. The internship will allow you to improve and acquire new skills, explore various career opportunities, network and work with others a part of a team.
It will also enhance your understanding of the world of work and what constitutes professional practice in the workplace. In doing so the internship seeks to enhance your career prospects and allow you to become more focussed in determining a potential career pathway. Please note the University does not guarantee a work placement for your internship – the onus is with the student to pro-actively seek an internship, which requires working closely with the placements team.
Career and study progression
The course combines, academic rigor with contemporary managerial and strategic issues in luxury hospitality management. Whilst this enhances your employability in the growing and dynamic hospitality industry, it can also be applied to a range of other professions.
Skills such as brand management or customer experience are also valuable in industries such as PR or advertising, whilst studying business in a global context prepares you for numerous other career paths.
Whilst studying, you may have discovered an area you want to learn more about. Postgraduate study enables you to specialise in the field you are passionate about. Progression to MPhil and PhD research degrees are possible.
How to apply
Click the following link for information on how to apply to this course: http://www.uwl.ac.uk/students/postgraduate/how-apply
Scholarships and bursaries
Information about scholarships and bursaries can be found here: http://www.uwl.ac.uk/students/postgraduate/scholarships-and-bursaries
You would normally be expected to have a good honours degree (2.2. or above) from a UK university, or equivalent, in any subject.