The MSc in International Marketing is designed for graduates and business professionals who have some marketing experience or for others considering starting a new career in marketing or for those who have a real interest in specialist areas.
The course will help you launch or develop your career in marketing with the benefit of a broad understanding of topical contemporary marketing issues. You will study a range of diverse areas, from the new digital landscape to sustainable marketing challenges and global opportunities.
You will benefit from:
• experienced practitioner lecturers
• live industry case studies
• using academic research to solve real-world problems
• an enduring and supportive network
• strategic perspective through detailed exploration, critical appraisal and in-depth study
• an understanding of brands, marketing, consumers and the changing contexts in which organisations do business
• learning how to think creatively, critically and strategically about marketing issues and challenges.
We also aim to help you develop professionally by combining intellectual, analytical, strategic and critical thinking skills with professional drive and ambition. This will prepare you to become an entrepreneur or succeed in businesses across the world.
You will also gain practical experience during a project focussing on a real life marketing problem.
• Global Marketing
• Digital and Social Media Marketing
• International Advertising and Corporate Communication
• Employment law
• Corporate Responsibility
• Project Management
• New Venture Development.
• Diversity in Consumer Behaviour
• Strategic Marketing
• Brand Management in Different Cultures
• *Research Methods part of the International Marketing Project
• Contemporary Marketing Challenges
• Logistics and Supply Chain Management
• Corporate Financial Management.
Our assessment strategy focuses on applying knowledge and skills to real-life marketing management situations. We use a variety of assessment methods, reflecting the different tasks and issues an international manager is likely to experience. These include written case study analysis, literature review, essays, written reports, presentations and examinations.
Career and study progression
Our Masters students go on to successful careers locally, nationally and internationally in:
• digital marketing
• marketing communication
• marketing management
• international management
• marketing consultancy
• media relations
• public relations.
Whilst studying, you may have discovered an area you want to learn more about. Doctorate study enables you to develop research and generic skills to equip you to operate successfully as a professional researcher.
How to apply
Click the following link for information on how to apply to this course: http://www.uwl.ac.uk/students/postgraduate/how-apply
Scholarships and bursaries
Information about scholarships and bursaries can be found here: http://www.uwl.ac.uk/students/postgraduate/scholarships-and-bursaries
You will need one of the following:- lower second honours degree (2:2 or overseas equivalent).- diploma from the Chartered Institute of Marketing.Applicants with:- a Postgraduate Diploma from the Chartered Institute of Marketing will be exempt from the core module Strategic Marketing Management.- non-relevant degrees will be required to complete one module in marketing and one in research methods before progressing to the masters.- work experience but no formal qualifications that are assessed as suitable will be required to complete one module in marketing and one in research methods before progressingto the MA.