This programme is accredited by the French Conférence des Grandes Ecoles and is accessible after a 4 to 5 years degree.
The MSc in International Events Management will develop the knowledge and competencies required to take up responsibilities in positions related to communication and events.
- Partnerships with professional bodies in the events industry: ANAé (Association des Agences de Communication Evènementielle) and the Club Des Créateurs d'Evènements Grands Publics;
- A network of Events Professionals who are available for students : business dating sessions with both professionals and alumni in the business;
- A Programme Patron who is a professional in this industry (Jacques Olivier BRONER –Sales & Events Division Director at Disneyland Business Solutions);
- A programme accredited by national and international bodies (AACSB, BSIS, CGE);
- Lectures given entirely in English, while living in France in a highly international environment (50% foreigners in the 2015 cohort),
- Cohorts of a manageable size, to allow close coaching (26 students in 2015).
Every day, we receive on average 3,000 advertising messages, of which we will probably only remember four or five. The question is then to know what brands should do to survive in such a hyper-competitive environment, saturated as it is with commercial information.
Communication associated with events can then generate a retention rate then times higher than what traditional advertising methods can achieve. As a result, communication spendings on events account for over 7% of overall communication budgets, a figure that has been growing fast lately.
Located in Paris and given entirely in English, this programme will train you to work in the events industry, whether in the organisation or the promotion of events for the general public or for professionals.
This programme offers:
- Advanced level input by international lecturers (UK, Australia, Italy, ...);
- Field experience thanks to Challenge Projects, Junior Consulting Projects, and in-company work placements;
- Meetings with Events Communication professionals, whether in Paris, or Las Vegas (USA) for seminar abroad.
- If you wish to take part in a programme that blends theoretical knowledge and those competencies required for a career in Events Management, then this is the one for you, and we will be glad to welcome you.
The programme fosters the development of students' competencies and network:
- One 5-week Junior Consulting Project (Pédagogie HEC Entrepreneurs) focused on the organisation or promotion of an event. Students work in teams of 3 or 4 on a real-life issue facing a company, identified and validated by the programme faculty;
- Three 2-week ‘Challenges': groups work on a real-life issue submitted by a company. Projects are Events related in a B2B or B2C context. One Challenge is scheduled right at the start of the programme;
- A Career Path Scheme to help students build their professional projects (personality tests, individual coaching, preparation for recruitment interviews,... );
- Two 1-week seminars in Paris & Las Vegas (USA) comprising professional meetings,
- One work placement/internship from May to December (4 to 6 months).
Program duration: One academic year (on campus)
Teaching Campus: Paris
Important dates -
Admission session: April 18th, 2016
Intake: September 2016
The School offers:
- 22,200 m2 of teaching facilities in Caen, Deauville, Le Havre, Oxford and Paris,
- 8 Amphitheatres,
- 2 Sports Centres,
- 5 Relaxation Areas,
- 2 Cafeterias,
- 2 Media Centre & Library with 33,500 books, 530 national and international journals, and 9 data banks open to all students,
- 12 PC and Multimedia Rooms
- 280 PCs on free access,
- 4 Very High Speed Internet Networks,
- 10 LaSmartEcole® equipped rooms,
- Wi-Fi access on all campuses.
Whatever the Campus, you may rent rooms in town, private or university residence apartments, located between 200 m and 1.5 km from the campus
Please contact us for further information.
International Applicants (who require a visa) must send their applications by June 13th 2016 at the latest. Application files will be accepted as from September 2015.
Alongside their EM Normandie application files, international applicants must file in a Campus France application to make easier to obtain their visas - http://www.campusfrance.org/fr/page/procedure-cef-creez-votre-dossier
If you are admitted, you will be requested to send in a first down payment of € 1,000 (which will be deducted from the total tuition fee) in order to secure your place in the programme. Once the down payment has been received, you will then be helped in your accommodation and visa application formalities by the International Relations Service. http://www.ecole-management-normandie.fr/uk/formation/msc/msc-international-events-management/international-candidates-_1612.html
Career Opprtunities -
Events Management positions in Events Communication and Marketing Firms, actors of Events (Design, Logistics, Convention Centres, … ), Communication Departments, … http://www.ecole-management-normandie.fr/uk/formation/msc/msc-international-events-management/careers_1620.html
Find out how to apply here - http://www.ecole-management-normandie.fr/uk/formation/msc/msc-international-events-management/admission_1626.html
4 to 5 year degrees. Dispensation possible according to the opinion of the jury. English fluent