The management of supply chains and their ecosystems are now of paramount importance for business success in all industries competing in national and global markets. No company or government department or international organisation can survive for long without rigorous, efficient and strategic management of supply chains and logistics, their resilience to disruption and adversity, the incorporation of new technologies, the application of e-security, and, location and outsourcing decisions in a world of rapid technological change, global industrial restructuring and retrenchment and the onset of dangerous climate change.
Industry and government now demand exceptional candidates with a deep understanding of the forces at work and knowledge of sophisticated tools to strategically manage both large, complex, technology-based or more traditional supply-chains, logistics and procurement often across national boundaries, companies, regions and time-zones. We provide a focused and high quality curriculum based on current thinking and real world experience and needs in managing supply chains globally as technologies, markets and the international business and trade environment is changing. You will learn from senior academics and highly experienced practitioners, with input from CEOs and senior executives across a range of industries. We recruit students from arts, sciences, manufacturing, business, management and services and prepare them for successful careers across many industries: high technology manufacturing, engineering, electronics and computing, service sectors, fashion and clothing, food and agriculture, pharmaceuticals and bio medical, aid agencies, disaster relief and NGOs.
See the website https://www.royalholloway.ac.uk/cps/coursefinder/mscintlsupplychainmgmt.aspx
Why choose this course?
- This course will provide you with the practical and intellectual skills to become a professional supply chain manager in any industry
- You will gain an understanding at an advanced level of the international supply chain and the approaches to finance, manage and execute supply chain excellence
- You will learn about the tools and techniques used by best practice companies and their applicability in different contexts;
- You will learn from highly experienced practitioners, the course will include input from CEOs and senior executives from international firms across a range of industries. These industry connections have informed the content and design of the course.
Department research and industry highlights
Graduates can successfully enter and progress their careers in a wide range of positions in several industries, make substantial contributions to multidisciplinary teams which strategically manage domestic and international supply chains, logistics, procurement, global sourcing , finance, technology acquisition , and ,risk management, amongst others, thereby progressing higher up in the organisation and into senior management positions of the firm or change career paths across industries, government and NGOs. The MSc International Supply Chain Management Programme is designed to prepare students for successful careers in institutions and businesses, amongst others:
- Electronics, Mobile Communication and Computing
- Pharmaceuticals and Healthcare
- Food and Agriculture
- Textiles , Clothing and Fashion Industries
- Finance and International Banking
- Manufacturing, Aerospace, Automotive, Heavy Engineering
- High –tech Materials and Components Start-Ups
- Minerals, Oil &Gas
- Commodities Trade , Procurement and Distribution
- Music, Film Production, TV Production
- Government Departments
- International Aid , Disaster Relief and NGO
Assessment is carried out by a variety of methods including coursework, examinations and a dissertation.
Employability & career opportunities
Graduates of supply chain courses are highly employable and pursue careers across a range of industries. Roles in supply chain and logistics management can vary and are not limited to professionals who oversee the implementation and operations of supply chains, outsourcing, procurement , transportation and logistics . Typical roles can include those who take ownership for a specific aspect of a supply chain project, ensuring that it is delivered to all stakeholders and meets the competitive needs of an organisations, individuals who provide detailed knowledge on a specific supply chain management discipline and those who provide professional support services to a range of supply chain and procurement requirements of an organisation including international aid and disaster relief logistics management and planning.
How to apply
Applications for entry to all our full-time postgraduate degrees can be made online https://www.royalholloway.ac.uk/studyhere/postgraduate/applying/howtoapply.aspx
A UK upper second class honours degree (2:1) or equivalent. Those with a lower second class honours degree (2:2) may be considered if they possess relevant industrial experience. IELTS 6.5 overall and a minimum of 5.5 in all other subscores.