Our intensive AMBA-accredited MBA programme is designed to help you build effective management skills, understand management within the global context and develop a network of international associates.
The MBA evolves with the changing needs of a competitive economic environment and our teaching is based on high quality research.
Our MBA will provide you with:
- detailed knowledge relating to problems of management in different contexts;
- conceptual tools for analysing management in the private or public sector;
- critical awareness of research methodologies;
- a learning environment where students will use their experience of organisations to engage with and challenge both the theoretical and case material;
- an environment where students can work together on new intellectual and management problems.
See the website https://www.royalholloway.ac.uk/management/coursefinder/mbainternationalmanagementyib.aspx
Why choose this course?
- the MBA is a degree that is recognised all over the world.
- the Royal Holloway MBA is an intensive one year programme, accredited by the Association of MBAs (AMBA).
- our international student cohort, from a wide range of business backgrounds, provides you with excellent network opportunities globally.
Department research and industry highlights
- ESRC funded project ‘Branded Consumption and Social Identification: Young People and Alcohol’: Professor Chris Hackley with colleagues from University of Bath and University of Birmingham.
- ESRC funded project ‘Entrepreneurial capacity to exploit opportunities, new product development and firm performance: A comparative study of UK and Chinese high-tech firms’: Professor Catherine Wang with colleagues from Royal Holloway and Loughborough University.
- ESRC funded project ‘Talent management in the NHS managerial workforce’: Professor Mark Exworthy with colleagues from University of Birmingham and University of Surrey.
- Researcher Development Initiative funding for advancing visual methodologies in business and management in conjunction with inVISIO (International Network of Visual Studies in Organisations): Professor Jane Davison with colleagues from University of Surrey, University of Bath, University of Exeter and University of Sheffield.
On completion of the course graduates will have:
- demonstrate intellectual and practical skills and experience gained from undertaking a sustained independent research endeavour drawing on work experience;
- identify a suitable current business problem and then design and implement a robust individual research project, being able to draw from a wide knowledge of qualitative and quantitative business research methods;
- analyse complex data and draw substantiated conclusions, drawing on extent relevant knowledge and primary research insights;
- present research findings using both academic and business oriented approaches;
- understand ethical responsibilities expected from a management perspective
- reflect upon and critically evaluate the project
You will be assessed on written assignments, group work and presentations. Preparation for assessments will involve either group work or working on your own.
Employability & career opportunities
The RHUL MBA is a rigorous and challenging programme which sets out to ensure that its graduates are ready for the challenges inherent in making their next step towards senior management roles.
- Associate Director (Global Strategic Growth Markets) at Ernst and Young
- Senior Chain Manager and Buyer at Jaguar Landrover
- Senior Commercial Manager at Everything Everywhere
- Financial Analyst EMEA at Shell International Petroleum Company
- Marketing Manager at Wrigley Jr Company
Career planning and development therefore forms an integral part of the Royal Holloway MBA. The Personal Development Programme is an important feature of the Royal Holloway MBA and is fully integrated into the core curriculum, ensuring that students have:
- continual access to individual careers coaching
- up-to-date job market information
- corporate speaker sessions
- skills workshops.
These services are provided by the School of Management in collaboration with The Careers Group, University of London – one of the biggest careers services in Europe.
The MBA Personal Development Portfolio is designed to build on the management skills you already have. The module incorporates training in presentation skills, CV writing, interview technique, negotiation, leadership, handling conflict and dealing with the media.
Our MBA Corporate Speakers are business leaders from a wide range of sectors. Previous speakers have come from:
- Capital One
- Cap Gemini
The MBA Careers Adviser is available throughout the year for individual careers coaching. Sessions take place at regular hours during the week, and students are free to book as many sessions as they require.
How to apply
Applications for entry to all our full-time postgraduate degrees can be made online https://www.royalholloway.ac.uk/studyhere/postgraduate/applying/howtoapply.aspx
UK Upper Second Class Honours degree (2:1) or equivalent. Applicants with a first degree below the typical offer may be required to provide a good GMAT (Graduate Management Admissions Test) score. We also consider applications from individuals with considerable management experience but no first degree.