Social Gerontology (2nd cycle)
About This Masters Degree
- Promoting and developing knowledge in the field of Social Gerontology, through qualified research;
- Contribute to the training of specialized staff competent to perform functions of planning, administration and coordination of social policies and intervention projects, as well as to foster research projects and for teaching in this specific field;
- Reflecting on active aging determinants in bio-psychosocial and spiritual dimensions;
- Increasing health promotion, prevention and rehabilitation of diseases and disabilities, towards healthy aging, aiming at a better quality of life;
- Promoting qualification of professionals from different fields, in multidisciplinary teams, for a sporadic and/or continuous care assistance, efficient and humane, for the elderly, families and institutions;
The following may apply for the Master's Degree: a) People who hold a B.A. or equivalent degree; b) People who hold a foreign academic degree awarded after a 1st study cycle organized according to the Bologna Process by a member state of that process; c) People who hold a foreign academic degree acknowledged as a degree satisfying the objectives of the graduate degree by the due body; d) People who have a school, scientific or professional curriculum acknowledged by the due body of ULHT certifying the capacity to obtain this study cycle.