The Master of Fine Arts in dance program provides qualified graduate students with opportunities to acquire and develop skills and knowledge needed to participate significantly in the field of contemporary dance. Through the development, implementation and expansion of individual artistic vision and goals the successful candidate for the M.F.A. in Dance will excel in critical engagement while exploring innovative formats, venues and creative processes as a choreographer, performer, researcher/writer and arts leader.
The objectives of the M.F.A. Program are:
1. To acquire the knowledge and ability to function in the role of the practicing artist in a professional and/or academic environment.
2. To develop the artistic process skills and conceptual understanding necessary for the attainment of a high level of dance artistry.
3. To develop the creative thinking and problem-solving skills that are necessary for the conception and creation of dance works.
4. To engage in extensive choreographic and performance exploration leading to the development of a body of work.
5. To develop the ability to describe, analyze, interpret, and evaluate works of art in various media; to relate dance to these forms; and to draw from them concepts that will enrich the creative process and enhance the understanding of dance as an art form and social phenomenon.
6. To become proficient in communicating artistic conceptions and creative intentions in written and verbal form.
7. To acquire an understanding and appreciation of dance as an expression of culture and the trends in dance history that have shaped the nature of choreography and performance.
8. To develop the leadership skills to design, implement and evaluate projects for diverse artistic, academic and community contexts and be mindful of socially responsible artistic practices.
Please see TWU's website for details
Recipient: Texas Woman’s University
Insert previous message below for editing?
You haven’t included a message. Providing a specific message means universities will take your enquiry more seriously and helps them provide the information you need. Why not add a message here