WHAT YOU WILL GAIN:
- Practical skills & know-how in electrical engineering best practice in the power industry
- Insight into latest technologies in electrical power systems
- Practical guidance and mentorship from highly experienced electrical power experts in the field
- Credibility as the electrical power expert in your firm or section
- Networking contacts in the power industry
- Improved career prospects and income
- A prestigious Advanced Diploma of Applied Electrical Engineering (Power Industry)
Next intake is scheduled for March 7th, 2016 - Registrations are open
Places are limited so contact us today to receive further course details and fees.
Join the next generation of electrical engineers, technologists and technicians in the electrical power supply industry and embrace a well paid, intensive yet enjoyable and safe career by embarking on this comprehensive and practical program.
This advanced diploma is ideal for those who want to move into a para-professional role with greater challenge and perhaps, responsibility for supervising others, and working at greater technical depth in the electrical power supply industry. Students of this program will probably already be employed in the electrical supply industry or with support vendors and consultants and may want to formalize and build on their on-the-job experience they have gained. Most students will have a trade or technical qualification and relevant work experience. This course is not suitable for a school leaver as you will lack the electrical industry experience to gain optimum value from this course– please talk to us about other options.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- Electrical Technicians
- Power Supply Technicians and Tradespersons
- Electrical Test Technicians and Engineers
- SCADA Technicians and Engineers
- Automation Technicians
- Project Engineers
- Design Engineers
- Instrumentation and Design Engineers
- Field Technicians
- Plant Operators
- Maintenance Engineers and Supervisors
- Energy Management Consultants
- Automation and Process Engineers
- Project Managers
- Instrument Fitters and Instrumentation Engineers
- Consulting Engineers
- Production Managers
- Chemical and Mechanical Engineers
- Instrument and Process Control Technicians
In fact, anyone who wants to gain solid knowledge of the key elements of electrical engineering – to improve work skills and to create further job prospects. Even those of you who are highly experienced in electrical engineering may find it useful to attend some of the topics to gain key, up to date perspectives on electrical engineering.
The program is composed of 19 modules. These cover the following eight main threads to provide you with maximum practical coverage in the field of electrical engineering
- Electrical technology fundamentals
- Distribution equipment and protection
- Rotating machinery and transformers
- Power electronics
- Energy efficiency
- Earthing and safety regulations
- Operation and maintenance of electrical equipment
- Electrical power supply industry
The 16 modules will be completed in the following order:
- Electrical Circuits
- Basic Electrical Engineering
- Fundamentals of Professional Engineering
- Electrical Drawings
- Electrical Power Distribution
- Transformers, Circuit Breakers and Switchgear
- Electrical Machines
- Power Cables and Accessories
- Earthing and Lightning / Surge Protection
- Power System Protection
- Electrical Safety and Wiring Regulations
- Testing, Troubleshooting and Maintenance of Electrical Equipment
- Energy Efficiency and Energy Use
- Power Quality
- Power Supply System Equipment and Installations
- Network Protection
- Monitor and Control Electrical Network
- Develop Switching Programs for T ransmission and Distribution Networks
- Manage Network Operations
What are the fees for my country?
The Engineering Institute of Technology
(EIT) provides distance education to students located almost anywhere in the world – it is one of the very few truly global training institutes. Course fees are paid in a currency that is determined by the student’s location. A full list of fees in a currency appropriate for every country would be complex to navigate and, with today’s exchange rate fluctuations, difficult to maintain. Instead we aim to give you a rapid response regarding fees that is customised to your individual circumstances.
We understand that cost is a major consideration before a student commences study. For a rapid reply to your enquiry regarding courses fees and payment options, please enquire via the below button and we will respond within 2 business days.