Join our live webinar
Learn more about this programme by joining our live webinar on Tuesday 6th September, 2016. Learn more by clicking here.
MBA in HealthcareHealthcare Learning
& Plymouth University are delighted to welcome you to the UK’s first online postgraduate MBA in Healthcare.
The MBA in Healthcare is aimed at clinical and non-clinical healthcare professionals across all sections of the healthcare industry. The programme aims to promote the best principles of management, entrepreneurship and innovation alongside showing how this can be applied to any health services agency or health-related organisation.
This part-time, two year blended-learning qualification is delivered using the very latest technology through a mixture of webinars, online lectures and face-to-face tuition. This allows you to continue with your current working commitments, whilst studying at a pace that suits your busy lifestyle.
If you want to get ahead in your healthcare career and stand out from the rest, this MBA in Healthcare is for you. Be the best you can be.
MBA in Healthcare – “Giving you the skills you need to improve performance and deliver results”
The main aims of the programme are to:
- Provide an innovative programme which develops core knowledge and understanding of the theoritical and conceptual frameworks which underpin healthcare and improvements in its delivery
- Present sound academic theories and concepts that are applicable in any healthcare setting and in any country
- Provide students with a detailed understanding of individual and organisational behaviours, the ability to synthesise, utilise and implement evidence gathered from diverse sources, and give insight into the range of techniques and tools available to support healthcare organisations and their management
- Develop skills in strategy, development and decision making within the context of the workplace environment where the skills will be applied, thereby resulting in microtransformations in health service delivery through action learning
- Deliver learning using the latest technology, enabling students to access the programme regardless of place or time zone
Methods of Study
Part-time Distance Learning-
The majority of the learning resources will be online. The programme will combine interactive e-Learning, webinars, live learning and recorded lectures to create an integrated learning programme, using the best of new media and technology.
The programme is designed to encourage the student to take responsibility for his/her own learning. The emphasis of the MBA is on a self-directed learning approach.
The type of teaching will be distance online self-directed learning. In addition, activities on this programme will be supplemented by attendance at three residential courses to complete the hands-on portion of the course.
Students will have access to Plymouth University’s online library.
Methods of Assessment
- Assessments take the form of Short Answer Questions (SAQs), structure essays, critical appraisal, clinical audits and work based projects and exercises
- The majority of assessments are posted online and students normally have two weeks to complete and submit
- Single best answer and reflective questions are used throughout the modules as a form of self-assessment
Candidates must be able to satisfy the general admissions criteria of the University, applicants will be required to:
- Provide evidence of a first degree or equivalent and/or
- Provide evidence of Accreditation for Prior Certificated Learning (APCL) and Accreditation of Prior Experiential Learning (APEL)
- Have a minimum of 2 years’ experience working in a relevant field
- Have access to a clinical environment
- Where the applicant’s first language is not English, applicants must produce a copy of either an IELTS certificate (score must be no less than 6.5) or a TOEFL certificate (score must be no less than 575 on the paper-based test, 230 on the computer-based test or 90 on the iBT test).