Shippensburg University’s Master’s in Organizational Development and Leadership is designed for students pursuing leadership positions in various career fields.
The program has two objectives:
- To apply the critical view of organizations from social scientific perspectives
- To enhance students’ understanding of how organizations operate and change over time
The performance and role of leadership in formal and informal settings is an integral part of the program. Students will have the opportunity to develop skills and increase their knowledge in selected discipline areas.
[[The Organizational Development and Leadership Program]]
The Master of Science in Organizational Development and Leadership is an interdisciplinary program that will provide students with several opportunities to:
- Learn basic principles and theories of organizational development and the role of leadership
- Enhance skills and knowledge in specified content areas
- Combine theory with practical experience through an internship in the student’s concentration
This 30-credit master’s program is designed for both full and part-time students. Core courses are offered at Shippensburg University’s campus and at the Dixon University Center in Harrisburg. Not all concentrations are available in Harrisburg. Course sequences are flexible and core courses have no prerequisites.
[[Organizational Development and Leadership Admission Requirements]]
Applicants must meet all requirements of the School of Graduate Studies, including:
- Have a baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited college or university.
- Have a minimum cumulative undergraduate grade point average of 2.75. The ODL Admissions Committee may request an interview if an applicant’s GPA is below 2.75.
- Submit the graduate application form along with:
----Personal goals statement, usually one page single-spaced explaining your personal and/or professional goals for pursuing the program
----Requisite application fee
The resume and personal goal statement should be submitted via email as a PDF or Word Document attachment to [email protected]
Please include your full name and date of birth with each submission.
[[Organizational Development and Leadership Faculty]]
The Master of Science in Organizational Development and Leadership is an interdisciplinary program delivered by a diverse faculty from the College of Arts and Sciences, the John L. Grove College of Business, and the College of Education and Human Services.
Have a baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited college or university (See course description for additional information)