About This Masters Degree
Society is constantly and rapidly evolving. Everyday companies need to address and deal with the challenges involved with the rapid change and major transitions they are facing. Companies are looking for problem solvers and creative thinkers who understand the new reality. This master program will give you the skills, tools, and knowledge to become the kind of leader to take any company, whether a startup, large company, or SME to the next level. This program will put you on the right track towards a successful entrepreneur and innovator.
The systematic introduction of innovation in companies is considered to be one of the most important challenges of the future. Entrepreneurship and Innovation have become crucial for creating competitive advantage on a global scale.
This Master program prepares candidates for a future of success in entrepreneurship and innovation. Each course of the MIE program offers an optimal balance between theory and practice and is characterized by a “learning by doing” approach.
We help participants learn how to use state of the art theory to simplify, understand, and predict reality. Participants receive practical guidance through all stages of growing an emerging, innovative business. By using various interactive pedagogical instruments such as workshops, case studies, simulations, exercises, video analysis and life cases, this program stimulates action learning and deep understanding. This way candidates will develop the creative mind-set and the innovation capabilities of an entrepreneurial leader.
WHY FOLLOW THIS PROGRAM AT ANTWERP MANAGEMENT SCHOOL?
This master equips participants with the necessary knowledge and skills on innovation management, with a creative mindset, with entrepreneurial skills and with innovation tools to become an effective innovation executive. The program is designed to empower, challenge and support young professionals to create an incredible advantage for their international career. It will be a truly global experience with students and faculty from different nationalities and a unique opportunity to expand your international network.
Eduniversal Master Ranking 2014-2015
TOP 100 - Global ranking
Ranked N°40 in Entrepreneurship, Worldwide
WHAT CAN YOU EXPECT?
Content level: Deepening Expertise
AFTER ATTENDING THIS PROGRAM
You will have acquired state-of the art knowledge on, and practice with innovation strategy and management, innovation and entrepreneurial finance and corporate entrepreneurial leadership
You will have conceptual knowledge on and practical experience with innovation and entrepreneurial tools and techniques such as business model innovation, value road mapping and business planning.
You will have acquired state of the art knowledge
Innovative & entrepreneurial marketing will be part of your DNA
You will have developed the creative mindset and innovation capabilities of an (corporate) entrepreneurial leader
You will have broadened your network by meeting entrepreneurs, corporate innovators and CEO’s of innovative companies during the corporate workshops, labs and master project
You will know how to turn a creative idea into a successful business.
WHAT'S THIS PROGRAM ABOUT?
The structure, format, and content of the Master of Innovation and Entrepreneurship are designed to provide participants with practical guidance through all stages of growing an emerging, innovative business - whether in a corporate, university, or independent environment.
MIE program consists of two main stages:
- Stage I. Deep Dive is the stage during which all basic knowledge & skills are built, which participants need to understand innovation and new business development. In life-cycle terminology, participants obtain all knowledge to concur the stages from ideation, concept, seed, product, to market development. This is covered during the first semester.
- Stage II. Towards Epiphany is the stage during which participants experience their own learning curve and start to understand the market calibration and expansion stage of an innovation or start-up company.
We will track the progress and learning curve of our participants in three ways:
1. via the Innovation and Entrepreneurship labs. Each lab is different in terms of content, format, and structure. But they all share the goal to coach participants, provide them expert knowledge to take their innovation cases to higher levels. Innovation cases serve as the basis for the Master’s project, the deliverable of which is a fully-fledged business plan, including marketing plan, expansion plan, and financial analysis. The labs are also meant to challenge participants to demonstrate the progress they make on their innovation case.
2. via intermediate assignments that measure the progress on their business plan.
3. via assignments (exams) for each course.
The Master of Innovation & Entrepreneurship is taught in an interactive way. Students are expected to actively participate in class discussions, analyze business cases, prepare business presentations, report by means of group papers and engage in computer-assisted exercises. In all courses the focus will be on the practical application of concepts in real business life.
The following are the courses offered during the MIE Master Program:
Deep Dive -
- Leadership Development track
- Creative Thinking
- Business planning/business modeling
- Innovation strategy
- Advanced Strategy & Innovation
- Marketing Innovations
- Accounting for new Businesses
- Finance for new Businesses
Towards Epiphany -
- Experience marketing
- Online Marketing
- Advanced Finance for Innovation
- Management & Organization
- Law for Innovation & the Entrepreneur
- Sales and Negotiation for Innovation
- Pricing of Innovations
- Master project + Innovation & Entrepreneurship labs
Leadership Development Track -
This course aims to the further development of basic skills and attitudes that help develop your 'authenticity' which are crucial elements for effective functioning in an organizational setting. More information: Leadership Development Track
This full-time one-year study programme amounts to 60 ECTS credits per year.
European Credit Transfer and Accumulation system (ECTS) makes teaching and learning more transparent and facilitates the recongnition of studies. The system is used across Europe for credit transfer (student mobility) and credit accumulation (learning paths towards a degree).
Career level: Recent graduate
THIS PROGRAM IS DESIGNED FOR
Students with a master's degree in engineering, science, product development, IT or applied economics/business, who have a special interest in the power of innovation and entrepreneurship.
Candidates applying for the Master of Innovation & Entrepreneurship should hold a degree that represents 4 years of full-time study at university level, resulting in a master’s degree or an equivalent bachelor’s degree (a full time, 4-year curriculum, excluding orientation or preparatory years). It is possible to apply before you have completed your studies. In this case, the selection procedure will take place under the assumption that you graduate from your present studies before starting the program. Fluency in English, both written and spoken is required.
Application process -
All students applying for the Master of Innovation & Entrepreneurship will need to go through the following steps:
1. Fill in the application form on top of this page and upload the following documents:
- Motivation essay; detailed instructions on how to write this essay can be found here
- Academic Transcripts
- TOEFL/IELTS scores (exceptions: native English speakers and/or an English undergraduate degree)
2. Once your application file is complete (see step1), you will be invited for on online numerical and verbal assessment.
3. Skype or face-to-face interview on our campus to obtain insight of your motivation, perseverance, personality, leadership skills, as well as your knowledge of English.
After completing the application procedure, you can expect an answer from us within 1-2 weeks.
Application deadline -
As we only accept a limited number of students, we strongly encourage you to apply as soon as possible. Moreover, applying early will give non-EU students sufficient time to arrange for visas. The deadline to apply for EU citizens is August 31, 2015 and for non-EU citizens June 30, 2015.
Jeffrey Williams – Alumnus Master of Innovation & Entrepreneurship 2013-2014 – The Netherlands - The real added value of the Master of Innovation & Entrepreneurship was our Business Project, which we worked on intensely for 7 months. As students we were able to work on something that will actually be used in the future. This provided me with a feeling of confidence and eagerness to enter the professional arena. Seeing it all come together in the final few weeks was a truly rewarding experience!
See Course Description