This master program is aimed at giving insight in global supply chains to young professionals, with little or no experience in logistics and supply chain management and prepared them to manage global and complex supply chains.
As the logistics sector is continuously increasing worldwide and supply chain functions are rapidly gaining in importance in international companies, graduates can substantially broaden their scope of employment opportunities both in terms of functionality and sector, and increase their chances of worldwide career progress and employability.
WHY FOLLOW THIS PROGRAM AT ANTWERP MANAGEMENT SCHOOL?
This program is aimed at giving insight in global supply chains to young professionals, with little or no experience in logistics and supply chain management. You are prepared to manage global and complex supply chains.
Eduniversal Master Ranking 2014-2015: TOP 100 - Global ranking Ranked N°15 in Supply Chain and Logistics, Worldwide
WHAT CAN YOU EXPECT?
Content level: Deepening Expertise
AFTER ATTENDING THIS PROGRAM
You will have acquired a sound basis in the theory and concepts of the major functional areas in management and their strategic implementation with a special focus on global supply chains.
You are trained in a variety of communication skills and business attitudes, e.g. multicultural communication, entrepreneurship, negotiations, self and group assessments, creativity, perseverance, teamwork and leadership.
WHAT'S THIS PROGRAM ABOUT?
The Master of Global Supply Chain Management is a major of the Master of Global Management and is taught in an interactive way. Students are expected to actively participate in class discussions, analyse business cases, prepare business presentations, report by means of group papers and engage in computer-assisted exercises. In all courses the focus will be on the practical application of concepts in real business life.Core courses include:
- Basics of Supply Chain Management - Methodologies, tools and skills for Global Supply Chain Management - Managerial Decision Making - Leadership and Career Development Track - Global Strategic Management
- Global Supply Chain Activities - Strategic Procurement - Production and Operational Excellence - Distribution structures and outbound logistics - Supply Chain Finance
- Models and Technology for Global Supply Chains - Modelling Global Supply Chains - ICT and Technology for Supply Chain Management
- Cultural aspects in Global Supply chain - Asian Economics and Business Environment - Business in the European Union - People Management in a Global Context
- Selected Topics in Supply Chain Management - Sustainability and CO2-Driven Supply Chain - Co-Modality - Port and Hinterland Logistics - Global Supply Chain Management in practice
- Master Project - Business Research Methods
Career level: Recent graduate
THIS PROGRAM IS DESIGNED FOR
Recent university graduates (or students with equivalent degrees) who want to pursue a career in managing global supply chains.
LEADERSHIP AND CAREER DEVELOPMENT TRACK
Our Leadership and Career Development Track helps you launch your career. Throughout the complete year a Career Development Manager will guide you. Additionally you will have access to our documentation center and a database of companies and organizations.
Requirements - Candidates applying for the Master of Global Supply Chain Management should hold a degree that represents 4 years of full-time study at university level, resulting in a master’s degree or an equivalent bachelor’s degree (a full time, 4-year curriculum, excluding orientation or preparatory years). It is possible to apply before you have completed your studies. In this case, the selection procedure will take place under the assumption that you graduate from your present studies before starting the program. Fluency in English, both written and spoken is required.
Application process - All students applying for the Master of Global Supply Chain Management will need to go through the following steps:
1. Fill in the application form on top of this page and upload the following documents: - Resume/CV - Motivation essay; detailed instructions on how to write this essay can be found here - Academic Transcripts - TOEFL/IELTS scores (exceptions: native English speakers and/or an English undergraduate degree)
2. Once your application file is complete (see step1), you will be invited for on online numerical and verbal assessment.
3. Skype or face-to-face interview on our campus to obtain insight of your motivation, perseverance, personality, leadership skills, as well as your knowledge of English.
After completing the application procedure, you can expect an answer from us within 1-2 weeks.
Application deadline - As we only accept a limited number of students, we strongly encourage you to apply as soon as possible. Moreover, applying early will give non-EU students sufficient time to arrange for visas. The deadline to apply for EU citizens is August 31, 2015 and for non-EU citizens June 30, 2015.
Virat Venkataraman – Alumnus Master of Global Supply Chain Management 2013-2014 – India - The Master of Global Supply Chain Management gave me insight in various facets of the field such as procurement/sourcing, operations, production excellence, logistics and transportation. Being able to transform these theories in practice during a Master Consultancy Project at Solvay was definitely the most important added value of the past year. Although the learning curve never stops, I can confidently say that I have taken a big leap towards achieving my career goals!
See Course Description
Recipient: Antwerp Management School
Insert previous message below for editing?
You haven’t included a message. Providing a specific message means universities will take your enquiry more seriously and helps them provide the information you need. Why not add a message here