The MSc in Investment and Finance is a specialist degree that provides practical and theoretical training in areas of major financial interest, in particular investment management and corporate finance. This masters degree is designed for those who wish to enter a career in finance or related areas including financial institutions, financial regulatory bodies, public sector institutions and International organisations, in positions such as investment analyst, financial analyst, trader and portfolio manager.This MSc was ranked in the global top 40 in the Financial Times Global Masters in Finance 2015, Pre-experience programmes.
Exam exemption from one of the CISI (Chartered Institute for Securities and Investment) Chartered Wealth Manager Qualification modules (Financial Markets module) if studying specified QMUL modules.
Exemption from CBI (The Chartered Banker Institute) Diploma modules.
MSc Investment and Finance offers:
* Invaluable contributions from respected City practitioners and industry experts who also teach students, bringing practical insights in to the classroom by applying the theory to real world scenarios.
* A fully integrated careers programme, a dedicated careers consultant, and extensive industry links that aim to maximise your employment prospects.
* An unparalleled set of optional short courses designed to equip you with further practical training and key technical skills that are highly valued in the Financial Sector.
* High rate of employment of our students within six months of graduation.
* State-of-the-art facilities such as a virtual trading floor which provides exclusive access to the latest technology and financial software used in the banking and finance industry, and access to specialised financial and economic databases and software used by economists in finance or in government for data analysis and simulation.
* The opportunity to join QUMMIF – one of three Investment Clubs of its kind in the UK. QUMMIF was founded by MSc Investment and * Finance students and allows students to trade real money (currently £30,000) in order to obtain relevant, practical work experience in trading and portfolio analysis
The MSc in Investment and Finance is currently available for one-year full-time study, or two years part-time study.
The pre-semester modules in maths and statistics take place in September. They are especially designed for students who want to review concepts such as statistical distributions and matrix algebra.
Part-time study options often mean that the number of modules taken is reduced per semester, with the full modules required to complete the programme spread over two academic years. For students who choose to study part-time, classes are scheduled in the evenings where possible to accommodate work commitments.
Click here for module information: http://econ.qmul.ac.uk/postgraduate/masters/msc-programmes/155562.html
At least a good second class honours degree (high 2.2) or overseas equivalent in a subject with some quantitative elements.Subjects likely to contain sufficient quantitative elements (i.e. which have at least one mathematics or statistics based module) including Mathematics, Science, Engineering, Economics, Finance, Accounting, Business & Management. One economics or finance module is also required.Weight will be given to prior relevant work experienceFor our English Language requirements please click here: View Website
Tuition fees for the academic year 2016/2017 are £16,500 for home and EU students and £19,950 for international students.