The MSc Business Finance specialises in the theory and practice of business finance, one of the most popular sectors in financial services. The programme will provide you with the knowledge to successfully navigate the rapidly changing global landscape of business finance and is designed to equip you for a wide range of careers in the financial sector, including investment banking, securities sales and trading, foreign exchange, hedge funds, private banking, credit products, financial and credit risk management and consultancy.
* Focus on areas of business finance that have a major practical and theoretical significance such as investment analysis, valuation, optimal capital structure and mergers and acquisitions, derivatives, finance microstructure and taxation.
* Exam exemption from the CISI (Chartered Institute for Securities and Investment) Masters in Wealth Management.
* Exemption from CBI (The Chartered Banker Institute) Diploma modules.
* 4 scholarships available worth £5,000.
The School of Economics and Finance offers:
* Invaluable contributions from respected City practitioners and industry experts who also teach students, bringing practical insights in to the classroom by applying the theory to real world scenarios.
* A fully integrated careers programme, a dedicated careers consultant, and extensive industry links that aim to maximise your employment prospects.
* An unparalleled set of optional short courses designed to equip you with further practical training and key technical skills that are highly valued in the Financial Sector.
* High rate of employment of our students within six months of graduation.
* State-of-the-art facilities such as a virtual trading floor which provides exclusive access to the latest technology and financial software used in the banking and finance industry, and access to specialised financial and economic databases and software used by economists in finance or in government for data analysis and simulation.
* The opportunity to join QUMMIF – the only Investment Club of its kind, which allows students to trade real money (currently £30,000!) in order to obtain relevant, practical work experience in trading and portfolio analysis.
MSc Business Finance is available for one year’s study full-time. You will take five compulsory modules in the first semester, and two compulsory modules plus three electives in the second semester.
The pre-semester modules in maths and statistics take place in September. They are especially designed for students who want to review concepts such as statistical distributions and matrix algebra.
Click here for modules: http://econ.qmul.ac.uk/postgraduate/masters/msc-programmes/155555.html
At least a good second class honours degree (high 2.2) or overseas equivalent in a subject with some quantitative elements.Subjects likely to contain sufficient quantitative elements (i.e. which have at least one mathematics or statistics based module) including Mathematics, Science, Engineering, Economics, Finance, Accounting, Business & Management.Please see website for English Language requirements.