About this course
Designed for those with 2 or more years' work experience who wish to gain a postgraduate degree which integrates the business areas of strategic leadership, corporate strategy, strategic marketing, corporate finance, supply chain management, human resource management, globalization and knowledge economy and sustainability.
See the website https://www.northumbria.ac.uk/study-at-northumbria/courses/mba-ft-dtfmbu6/
Induction and Academic Skills Development
Alongside a welcome to Newcastle and the North East of England, with a range of cultural visits, we will begin your programme of study with us with a one week induction where you will learn about the university, the programme, meet the team, meet your fellow learners and learn more about the modules and assessments and gain a detailed introduction to the learning resources and support available. The Induction Programme will cover:
- Introduction about Northumbria University, Newcastle Business School and Corporate Executive Department (CED)
- MBA Programme Overview
- Teaching and Leaning at CED Meeting with MBA teaching team
- Academic Skills
Teaching and Learning Process
To support you in your studies, the programme uses a combination of teaching and learning approaches, including:
- Full time study at Newcastle Business School, Northumbria University within the Corporate and Executive Development suite.
- Engagement in a range of employer led Management Investigation Project and internships enabling you to work on real organisational issues with a range of employers.
- Tutorials delivered by highly qualified teaching professionals with real world experience.
- An on-line study portal that provides access to a range of e-books, over 300 electronic databases and 30,000 electronic journals.
- A reading pack for each module with custom text books
- A leadership and management development programme designed to develop your personal and professional competences and employability skills, supported by a two-day residential experience.
- Regular networking opportunities via our MBA forum allowing you to learn from leading practitioners.
- A supportive learning environment with weekly academic skills and language development sessions and one to one guidance.
- A research and practiceinformed curriculum designed to provide you with the skills and knowledge to lead organisations, develop strategy and build key sustainable strategic marketing, human resource, operations and financial plans.
- Enhance knowledge and understanding of current organisational trends and key business issues.
- Develop critical thinking, experiential learning and business practice.
- Engage in an individualised leadership and career development programme to enhance your career potential.
- Access coaching and mentoring opportunities.
- Apply your learning to real life situations through business clinic projects.
Who Should Apply
The Newcastle Business School MBA will challenge you, develop your ability to change and enhance your existing working practices. It offers the opportunity to interact in a highly engaging manner so you can take your leadership capability to new heights.
Our MBA is an innovative postgraduate work-related degree programme delivered over one year, providing an excellent learning platform for aspiring or existing leaders.
The programme is specifically designed for those with two or more years’, work experience usually in a supervisory or management role and wishing to gain a postgraduate degree that integrates the key aspects of business such as leadership, management, sustainability, marketing, management accounting, supply chain management, human resource management, the knowledge economy, globalisation, strategic analysis and strategic planning.
The full-time MBA also provides an opportunity for you to specialise further and choose a pathway in the areas of Design and Innovation Strategy, Entrepreneurship, Culture Strategy and Legal Management.
Candidates must normally possess an honours degree or a professional qualification, and have at least 2 years management experience. Exceptionally, candidates without these qualifications but who have significant work experience and can demonstrate the potential to meet the learning objectives of the programme, may also be admitted.