Why study MA/PG Dip/PG Cert Globalisation and Work at Middlesex?
At Middlesex we have constructed a unique and absorbing course to equip you with the advanced knowledge and skills you need to embark on or strengthen an existing stimulating career in a diverse range of organisations, with particular focus on the major aspects of sustainable work and employment. Taught by academics with a wealth of international experience, this specialised approach to exploring the effects of globalisation will enable you to confront issues of inequality, growth, climate change, labour, social movement strategies, and more with the confidence and abilities you need to produce effective results.
Based in London – one of Europe's NGO, trade union and civil society organisation hubs– it is the ideal city to undertake a postgraduate programme, providing you with a host of networks, employment and career opportunities.
As part of this exciting course you will also examine the use of media and technology, labour strategies under neo-liberalism, and look in detail at the United Nations Millennium Development Goals. This contemporary approach to the subject of Globalisation and Work ensures that every aspect of our course is grounded in real-world relevance, enhancing your employability by preparing you for the actual systems, processes and concepts you will face in your career.
We also have an active Facebook group that you can join to participate in debates and discussions.
- Two year part-time structure provides you with more time to assimilate complex subjects and large amounts of research, ensuring you get the most from your studies and the teaching it offers
- Flexibility to shape your studies around your individual needs and interests, including those of the organisation you may already work in, so you can pursue your ambitions with structured support from experienced practitioners
- Experienced academics and practitioners from diverse backgrounds, many of whom are actively involved in pioneering research and consultancy projects that will inform your studies
- Access to Middlesex University
's Social Policy Research Centre with its innovative methodologies and material on new and emerging topics within Globalisation and Work to enrich and advise your studies
- Innovative learning tools and 24/7 web helpdesk on our online platform, Mylearning, will ensure that you always have the support you need without having to wait until your face-to-face sessions
For the MA Globalisation and Work we normally require a second class honours degree or above, or an overseas equivalent qualification.