Manchester Metropolitan University
is currently undertaking a review of long-term academic provision on the Cheshire campus. The review will look at how we might re-focus the types of courses offered at Cheshire in the context of the wider University provision. A range of options is currently being considered.
We can confirm that we are taking and processing applications for full time postgraduate courses and any part time courses of one year duration starting in 2017 on the Cheshire Campus. However, with regard to longer part time postgraduate courses, due to the ongoing review, the University will accept applications for courses delivered at Cheshire but will not process those applications until more is known in respect of the future of the campus.
Recognising that most business organisations today face unprecedented change through the ever increasing complexity of both domestic and international markets, this programme has been devised to create sophisticated management professionals.
By studying this internationally recognised award, you will develop a keen awareness of the most up-to-date management thinking and practice. You will also develop an appreciation of cutting edge techniques for managing people, thinking strategically and a full range of dynamic marketing techniques.
You will also develop an appreciation of cutting edge techniques for managing people, thinking strategically and a full range of dynamic marketing techniques.
The combination of core and elective units provides a broad knowledge base from which to select a business issue for examination in the dissertation.
• Academic Professional Practice
• Strategic Management Practice
• Principles of Management Practice
• Research Methods
• Managing Change
• Dissertation Elective units
• Creating and Managing Sustainable Organisations
• Integrated Marketing Communications
• Sustainable Relationship Marketing
• International Human Resource Management
• International Financial Management
• Advanced Management Accounting
• Integrated Marketing and communications
The programme utilises a range of delivery mechanisms including traditional weekly attendance, blocked attendance and distance learning. Flexible delivery of the programme enables full-time students to complete their studies within 12 months, while part-time students can create bespoke schedules that fit around work and family commitments. Assessment is via coursework and examinations.
For those already in business or wishing to embark on a career in business, this course may provide opportunities to gain an internationally-recognised and career-enhancing qualification and to share experience whilst developing new skills and expertise.
- Flexible blended learning approach including online materials.
- We offer a supportive environment for your studies; each student is allocated a personal tutor and dissertation supervision is carried out on a one-to-one basis
- The course offers January and September start dates
- Find out more about our courses by watching these short introductory films on the department and strengths and contact times by the Head of Department Diane Wright
You will normally have a good UK honours degree (or international equivalent) in any discipline, ideally relevant. Applicants from a different background may be admitted if they have equivalent professional qualifications or proven management experience in a relevant field.
Please see our website for the latest information on course fees.