Important information: academic review of Manchester Metropolitan University
Cheshire campus Manchester Metropolitan University
has been undertaking a review of the long-term future of academic provision at its Cheshire campus. It has now been confirmed that the University will withdraw from the Cheshire campus. This means that we expect the campus to close in the summer of 2019.
As the withdrawal from the campus will be a phased process we are still pleased to receive applications for one year full time postgraduate taught courses starting in 2017 on the Cheshire campus. We also continue to welcome applications for part time postgraduate courses of two years in duration in the Exercise and Sport Science department starting in 2017. Applications for courses that are expected to take longer than two years to complete are currently on hold.
Please visit our website for the latest information on the review: http://www.cheshire.mmu.ac.uk/campusreview
Recognising that most business organisations today face unprecedented change through the ever increasing complexity of both domestic and international markets, this programme has been devised to create sophisticated management professionals.
By studying this internationally recognised award, you will develop a keen awareness of the most up-to-date management thinking and practice. You will also develop an appreciation of cutting edge techniques for managing people, thinking strategically and a full range of dynamic marketing techniques.
You will also develop an appreciation of cutting edge techniques for managing people, thinking strategically and a full range of dynamic marketing techniques.
The combination of core and elective units provides a broad knowledge base from which to select a business issue for examination in the dissertation.
• Academic Professional Practice
• Strategic Management Practice
• Principles of Management Practice
• Research Methods
• Managing Change
• Dissertation Elective units
• Creating and Managing Sustainable Organisations
• Integrated Marketing Communications
• Sustainable Relationship Marketing
• International Human Resource Management
• International Financial Management
• Advanced Management Accounting
• Integrated Marketing and communications
The programme utilises a range of delivery mechanisms including traditional weekly attendance, blocked attendance and distance learning. Flexible delivery of the programme enables full-time students to complete their studies within 12 months, while part-time students can create bespoke schedules that fit around work and family commitments. Assessment is via coursework and examinations.
For those already in business or wishing to embark on a career in business, this course may provide opportunities to gain an internationally-recognised and career-enhancing qualification and to share experience whilst developing new skills and expertise.
- Flexible blended learning approach including online materials.
- We offer a supportive environment for your studies; each student is allocated a personal tutor and dissertation supervision is carried out on a one-to-one basis
- The course offers January and September start dates
- Find out more about our courses by watching these short introductory films on the department and strengths and contact times by the Head of Department Diane Wright
You will normally have a good UK honours degree (or international equivalent) in any discipline, ideally relevant. Applicants from a different background may be admitted if they have equivalent professional qualifications or proven management experience in a relevant field.
Please see our website for the latest information on course fees.