Master of Applied Finance
About This Masters Degree
Macquarie’s Master of Applied Finance is one of the largest and most respected in the world. It’s an exceptional program for exceptional people, founded on a vision of applied finance education for and by practitioners. Our students learn knowledge and skills that are directly relevant, immediately and throughout their career.
See the website http://courses.mq.edu.au/international/postgraduate/master/master-of-applied-finance.
- Gives you strong industry connections through educational partnerships with Finsia, CAIA, CFA and PRMIA and an outstanding alumni network.
- Ensures you are taught by highly experienced practitioners
- Focuses on real-world finance
- Offers a wide range of elective units
- Provides a flexible and portable program
The full time program is offered in Sydney at Macquarie's North Ryde and Sydney CBD campus. This program is offered part-time in Sydney CBD, Melbourne CBD, Singapore and Beijing. International students who hold a visa without study restrictions, such as temporary work (skilled) visa class 457 may apply for the part –time programs in Sydney CBD or Melbourne campus.
This program is for experienced professionals, whether currently in the finance industry or in other professions seeking to transition to the finance sector (such as engineers, lawyers, or IT specialists).
Alternative pathways into the Master of Applied Finance recognises your prior qualifications and professional work experience. Macquarie's recognition of prior learning (RPL) both for formal prior studies and gained through work experience, training programs, industry accredited qualifications and so forth, can mean a reduction in the number of core units of study of up to four gateway units.
English language requirements
IELTS of 6.5 overall with minimum 6.0 in each band, or equivalent
All applicants for undergraduate or postgraduate coursework studies at Macquarie University are required to provide evidence of proficiency in English.
For more information see English Language Requirements. http://mq.edu.au/study/international/how_to_apply/english_language_requirements/
You may satisfy the English language requirements if you have completed:
- senior secondary studies equivalent to the NSW HSC
- one year of Australian or comparable tertiary study in a country of qualification
- This degree is recognised as the first Australian educational partner of the Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) Institute and is accredited by the Professional Risk Managers International Association (PRMIA) and, in some instances, exemption may be granted from PRM exams I and II.
- This degree meets the education components of the criteria for membership of the Finance and Treasury Association Limited at Certified Finance and Treasury Professional (CFTP) level and by the Financial Services Institute of Australasia (Finsia). Graduates are potentially eligible for Senior Associate Membership of Finsia (conditions apply).
- Upon completing the required core units, students are eligible to undertake the RG146 Compliance Gap Training Program as a qualification for responsible managers of organisations holding a licence issued by the Australian Securities and Investments Commision (ASIC). This program is offered through the MAFC, and successful candidates receive a Certificate of Completion.
Our graduates have gone on to senior positions within banking, corporate finance, stockbroking, investment management, venture capital, project finance and risk management firms in Australia and overseas.
Average starting salary
Over 50 per cent of our graduates receive salaries greater than $150,000
See the website http://courses.mq.edu.au/international/postgraduate/master/master-of-applied-finance
Minimum admission requirements: • Australian level 7 bachelor's qualification or recognised equivalent; • 2 years full-time equivalent relevant professional work experience