The Automotive Retail Management course is suitable for Dealer Principals, Managers, Supervisors and Team Leaders.
See the website http://www.lboro.ac.uk/departments/sbe/executive-education/programmes/accredited/arm/
About the Programme
The postgraduate programmes are specially designed for experienced managers seeking to develop practical skills whilst working towards a university award.
Certificate in Automotive Retail Management:
The Certificate programme particularly benefits managers, supervisors and team leaders, and provides a route to a Postgraduate Diploma in Automotive Retail Management.
Diploma in Automotive Retail Management:
The Diploma programme is designed for aspiring and existing dealer principals, managers, supervisors and team leaders, and provides a sound basis for those seeking to extend their studies to MSc and MBA level.
MSc in Automotive Retail Management:
Dealer principals and managers who have graduated in the Diploma may extend their qualification to an MSc by completing a further two modules and a project.
The programme aims to:
- Develop individual skills and prepare participants for management career progression in the automotive retail sector, mainly through development of both their technical knowledge and skills, and their conceptual and analytical abilities;
- Prepare participants for automotive retail management roles in which they will be expected to contribute towards the functional and strategic management of their organisations;
- Provide participants with the opportunity to develop deep understanding in areas of particular interest by undertaking research and work-based projects;
- Enable participants to see ways in which theory can be applied in practice to complex issues with the aim of improving business and management practice;
- Enhance students’ career development in the automotive sector;
- Encourage participants to pursue personal development and lifelong learning skills and be self-motivating;
- Provide a relevant, practical and constantly updated programme through close links with the automotive industry.
Structure and Delivery
Both the Certificate and the Diploma will each extend over a period of 12 months (totalling 24 months for completion of both stages). The programmes involve a combination of short daytime modules, work-based assignments and projects. Both programmes are also delivered via block release; learning methods and assessment are tailored to participants’ needs.
The MSc stage is completed by undertaking an additional two short daytime modules and a supervised project, requiring a total of 12 months study.
Core Modules (Certificate, Diploma, MSc):
All students irrespective of their qualification aim will study the following modules:
- Introduction to Business Planning
- Generating Customer Loyalty
- Operations Management
- Foundations of Management
- Finance for Managers
- Decision Systems
Find out how to apply here http://www.lboro.ac.uk/departments/sbe/executive-education/apply/
Entrants to these programmes will have managerial experience at an appropriate level. Previous qualifications are not a prerequisite.