For Dealer Principals, Senior Managers, Departmental Managers and those aspiring to these positions.
See the website http://www.lboro.ac.uk/departments/sbe/executive-education/programmes/accredited/sadm/
About the Programme
Our MSc in Strategic Automotive Dealership Management is designed to enable managers from all marques to challenge current practice and develop solutions with the potential to significantly improve the performance of their business.
"I have gained a large range of knowledge about the Automotive Retail Industry. Coming from not knowing anything about the Industry and working with people that have worked in it their whole lives has helped a lot. I have also had to work with people from completely different backgrounds, which has taught me a lot about myself and how to treat others using people skills I have developed."
The programme will benefit highly motived senior managers, and those aspiring to these positions, who have the potential to lead themselves and their businesses into a successful future.
The programme aims to:
- Develop individual skills and develop participants management career progression in the automotive retail sector, mainly through development of both their technical knowledge and skills, and their conceptual and analytical abilities;
- Develop participants’ automotive retail management roles in which they will be expected to further develop their contribution towards the functional and strategic management of their organisations;
- Provide participants with the opportunity to develop deep understanding in areas of particular interest by undertaking research and work-based projects;
- Enable participants to see ways in which theory can be applied in practice to complex issues with the aim of improving business and management practice;
- Enhance students’ career development in the automotive sector.
- Encourage participants to pursue personal development and lifelong learning skills and be self-motivating.
- Provide a relevant, practical and constantly updated programme through close links with the automotive industry.
The course is part time and extends over a period of 33 to 36 months. It involves a combination of short daytime modules and work-based assignments and projects. Work-based assignments give you the opportunity to research key aspects of your business with the aim of delivering business improvements, maximising your return on investment.
- Information and Decisions Systems
- Strategic Dealership Management
- Financial Management
- Retail Marketing Strategy
- Strategic Human Resource Management
- Leading Strategic Change
- Plus 3 work-based assignments
Optional Modules (choice of one module):
- Managing Enterprise and Innovation
- Cross Cultural and International Management
Find out how to apply here http://www.lboro.ac.uk/departments/sbe/executive-education/apply/
Whilst previous formal qualifications are not required, admission will normally be restricted to Dealer Principals, Senior Managers and managers aspiring to a senior role in the automotive industry. Entrants will need a minimum of 5 years’ managerial experience at an appropriate level. New entrants to the automotive industry who possess a first degree (with Second Class Honours or equivalent) from a UK or recognised overseas University will also be considered.