’s Healthcare Management and Governance programme is a unique and exciting new initiative. In recent years healthcare has seen both a plethora of sometimes bewildering initiatives and guidance, and a catalogue of organisational deficiencies and challenges attributable to poor management and governance.
See the website http://www.lboro.ac.uk/departments/sbe/executive-education/programmes/accredited/hmg/
This programme was conceived to equip board members, senior managers and health professionals with the knowledge, skills and qualifications necessary to help their organisations enhance and assure organisational performance and accountability.
The Healthcare Management and Governance programme will appeal to a wide audience, including:
- Board Chairmen
- Chief Executives
- Executive Directors
- Non- Executive Directors
- Company Secretaries
- Senior managers and clinicians who support boards/healthcare organisations in any aspect of governance, risk or performance management
- Internal auditors
- External auditors and inspectors
- Anyone with the appropriate qualifications and enthusiasm who aspires to any of the above
The programme aims to:
- Provide a current view of management and governance in healthcare encompassing both organisational issues and specialist areas.
- Develop skills in the integration of management processes into strategic and operational planning for the provision of a high quality health service;
- Develop participants' knowledge, increase job competencies and develop professional potential.
There are three levels of qualification, each leading to the next – Postgraduate Certificate, Postgraduate Diploma and MSc.
All students irrespective of their qualification aim will study the following modules:
- What is resilience
- Risk Management
- Leadership and Management
- Financial Management
Modules for Diploma Students:
Students progressing from the Certificate study the following additional modules:
- Performance and Strategic Management
- Governance in Healthcare
- Knowledge Management and Information Systems
- Health and Societal Resilience in Context
Modules for MSc Students:
Students progressing from the Diploma study the following additional module:
- Masters Research Project
Structure and Delivery
Each module requires that students attend a residential course at Loughborough University
, in addition to home study. Each module includes, where relevant, both UK and international case studies.
The programme runs over 12 months to 36 months depending on the qualification. The individual modules are delivered in block format. As opposed to the usual style of university courses which are two or three hours of contact time per week over a ten week term, these modules are delivered in blocks of four full working days of contact time with guided study, tutor contact, and deliverables rounding off the module.
The programme has a wide array of assessment methods, to allow students to highlight the best of their abilities.
There is ample high quality accommodation owned by the university to allow those enrolled in these modules a comfortable business environment and excellent leisure facilities to enjoy their time at Loughborough.
Find out how to apply here http://www.lboro.ac.uk/departments/sbe/executive-education/apply/
Applicants with a Bachelor’s degree from a UK or recognised overseas University with a Second Class honours or equivalent; Applicants who have achieved the academic requirements for corporate membership of a British Chartered Professional Institute (equivalent to QCF level 6 or above) ; Applicants who hold any other relevant qualification or professional experience as determined by the Programme Director with a reasonable level of formal academic education.