Description: This four semester, one residency course of study (60 credit hours) MFA is a low residency, hands on, projects driven program for the aspiring director / writer / producer who recognizes story is king. Whether making a feature, documentary, web-series or corporate video, it is story that intrigues us.
This program takes a holistic approach and seeks to train the complete creative filmmaker and then empower that filmmaker, using the most current marketing and distribution technologies, to market and distribute his or her independent productions.
Program Director and award-winning indie filmmaker Wayne Crawford has combined 30 years of filmmaking with 10 years of university teaching and devised this one of a kind, creative laboratory program.
What’s different about this online film program?
Firstly, there aren’t many online film programs. So I think we can even ask a broader question—how is the Horizons Film Program different from most all film programs—whether online or on campus? Well, we’re different in a variety of ways.
1. We’re affordable.
2. We don’t train specialists. We train complete filmmakers to write, direct and produce. All of your skills are integrated so you become empowered to create your own opportunities.
3. The program is focused on story and story structure and all of out courses are cross-linked. For example, we introduce a concept in your directing class, reinforce that concept while analyzing a film in producing, practice that concept in screenwriting and perform it in your productions.
4. And maybe most importantly, Program Director Wayne Crawford, an experienced writer/director/producer is taking you through the entire process. Wayne has made more than 20 feature films and created three TV series—almost 100 episodes.
5. Since this is a hands-on program, our class sizes are small. This means your creative work receives maximum attention.
6. Our 10 day residency is held on our campus outside of Paris and includes art excursions into Paris—a cultural oasis like no other.
Undergraduate Degree (3 or 4 year) or Exceptional industry achievement. Writing sample. (Screenplay, short film script, or short story). Personal mission statement (Why are you interested in studying film?). Transcript(s) from colleges attended. Completed application.
€3,450/year + a €60 non-refundable Application Fee
Recipient: Horizons University
Insert previous message below for editing?
You haven’t included a message. Providing a specific message means universities will take your enquiry more seriously and helps them provide the information you need. Why not add a message here