The one-year Master’s in Linguistics at Leiden University
offers a great diversity of subjects in linguistics and language studies. You can focus your studies on theoretical or historical linguistics, language, communication or translation, and your choice from the widest selection of languages offered by any institution in the Netherlands and the surrounding region.
Visit the website: http://en.mastersinleiden.nl/programmes/linguistics/en/introduction
- Chinese Linguistics
- Comparative Indo-European Linguistics
- English Language and Linguistics
- French Language and Linguistics
- German Language and Linguistics
- Italian Language and Linguistics
- Language and Communication
- Language Diversity of Africa, Asia and Native America
- Theoretical and Experimental Linguistics
- Translation in Theory and Practice (Dutch/English)
Choose Leiden University for a Master’s in Linguistics:
- The Leiden University
Centre for Linguistics (LUCL) is an institute with a long-standing international reputation for excellence. Learn from researchers who have been awarded prestigious grants and academic prizes.
- Choose from the largest selection of languages (varying from Chinese to German, from Papuan to Slavic languages, and many more) taught and studied at any institution in the Netherlands or the surrounding region.
- Learn in small groups, where you benefit from greater individual guidance and support.
- Examine issues from a broad range of perspectives and diverse theoretical approaches.
- Gain expertise that is both theoretical and practice-based such as skills in translation or text analysis from a communications standpoint.
Graduates with a Master of Arts in Linguistics from Leiden University
are in great demand by organisations worldwide. Our students graduate with the ability to approach linguistic problems from an academic standpoint as well as the practical and professional skills to communicate fluently, translate texts effectively, and other essential editorial capabilities.
How to apply: http://en.mastersinleiden.nl/arrange/admission
For information regarding funding, please visit the website: http://prospectivestudents.leiden.edu/scholarships
A bachelor’s degree from a university, equivalent to the level of a Dutch academic bachelor’s degree, or demonstrate to meet the requirements for such a degree. Sufficient command of English (IELTS 7.0, TOEFL 100 (internet-based) or Cambridge English: Proficiency (CPE)). This language requirement does not apply if you have: completed your education in Canada (except Quebec), USA, UK, Ireland, New Zealand or Australia, or an International Baccalaureate, or a Dutch VWO-diploma.